CITE Activity Awards
Submission deadline is April 1, 2107
Student Chapter Activity & Delta Award
The purpose of the Student Chapter Activity Award is to encourage student chapters to achieve the objectives set forth in the Charter, and to provide a means for the Institute to recognize outstanding accomplishments in such activities. These are:
“to promote the advancement of transportation and traffic engineering by fostering the close association of students with the transportation and traffic engineering profession and the Institute; to acquaint Chapter Members with topics of interest in transportation and traffic engineering through the medium of competent speakers and Chapter-sponsored trips; to foster the development of professional spirit; to promote common interests among Chapter members; and to encourage the expansion of facilities for transportation and traffic engineering study.”
The winning Canadian Student Chapter application is submitted to the International competition in Washington.
Student Chapter Delta Award
The purpose of the Student Chapter Delta Award is to encourage student chapters to strive for the objectives set forth in the Charter, and to provide a means for the Institute to recognize outstanding accomplishments in such activities. Based on the Chapter Activity award, the Delta Award recognizes those Student Chapters who have achieved overall improvement from year(s) past with respect to chapter activities.
Submission shall consist of the following:
FORMAT AND SUBMISSION
- The Student Chapter Annual Report form can be downloaded from http://www.ite.org/awards/StudentChapter.pdf
- The District Vice President must receive an electronic copy of the original Student Chapter Annual Report and supporting documents before the date shown below.
- Please submit the materials formatted in Adobe Acrobat.
- Maximum length:15 double-spaced typed pages, including ALL attachments, title page and table of contents. Member rosters do not count towards the page limit and may be included at the back of the application.
- The Annual Report forms may still be used as part of the award submittal, as long as the entire document does not exceed 15 pages.
- The Student Chapter Award is based on a year extending from March 1 to February 28.
- Chapter Activities – 55%
- Chapter Liaison with ITE Chapters, Sections, Districts and/or International – 25%
- Chapter Organization – 15%
- Professionalism – 5%
For further information, contact us.
To submit an annual report, follow this link: www.judgify.me/2016citereports
|Past Award Recipients:|
|2017 – University of Manitoba|
|2016 – University of Manitoba|
|2015 – University of Manitoba|
|2014 – University of Manitoba|
|2013 – University of Manitoba|
|2012 – University of Manitoba|
|2011 – University of Manitoba|
|2010 – University of Manitoba|
|2009 – University of Waterloo|
|2008 – University of Calgary|
|2007 – University of Manitoba|
|2006 – University of Manitoba|
|2005 – University of Manitoba & University of British Columbia|
|2004 – University of Manitoba|
|2003 – University of Waterloo|
|2001 – University of British Columbia|
|Past Delta Recipients:|
|2017 – University of Toronto|
|2016 – University of Alberta|
|2015 – Ryerson University|
|2014 – University of British Columbia|
|2013 – University of Toronto|
|2012 – University of British Columbia|
|2011 – University of New Brunswick|