CITE Rising Stars Program – Purpose
The CITE Rising Stars Program is intended to identify the next generation and new faces of the transportation profession. It is designed to recognize members under the age of 35 who have already made an impact on the profession, have demonstrated the ability to lead the next generation, and have implemented innovative techniques to solve transportation problems.
Rising Star Selection Process
Each Section of CITE is encouraged to nominate a local Rising Star to represent the Canadian District. Nominations should be submitted by Section presidents to the CITE Executive Committee by March 1st. The winner of the CITE Rising Star is, in turn, nominated for consideration in the ITE Rising Star Program.
All current and previous ITE Rising Stars selections still meeting the eligibility requirements will then also be further evaluated for the ITE Young Member of the Year Award.
The CITE award includes recognition at the Annual CITE Conference, a $1,000 travel allowance to the conference and the opportunity to be nominated for the ITE Rising Star Award.
- Must be 35 years old or younger on January 1st of the year of the award
- Must be a non-student member of ITE
How to Submit a Rising Star Nomination
- Complete a nomination form
- One (1) testimonial from a current or past Section or District officer (200 word maximum)
- One (1) testimonial from a current or past supervisor (200 word maximum)
- Three (3) examples of project experience and involvement role (150 word maximum/each)
All nominations are to be submitted no later than March 1st.
To find out more about the nomination process please contact us.
- Overall quality of Working/Project Experience
- The role discussed on the specific project experience and impact on the success of the project
- Insight and opinions discussed in the various testimonials
- Passion and overall commitment to the advancement of the profession
- Examples of leadership skills
- Examples of applying innovative ideas
CITE Rising Stars
2018 – Irini Akhnoukh
2017 – Erin Toop
2016 – Garreth Rempel
2015 – Tyler Golly