Submissions have ended!
A great response was received for the abstract call and we look forward to an engaging and extensive technical program for CITE Edmonton 2018!
The spirit of the conference will emphasize the strength of our organization: fostering ITE’s community. CITE Edmonton 2018: Fostering Community will provide a unique forum for you to share your successes and discover others for the benefit of all. Edmonton is a rapidly growing city located in a key economic region of Canada, and there are many exciting developments happening locally in the transportation scene.
Our technical program will reflect how transportation systems are developing towards a future of rapid technological advancement and a changing climate. To adapt to and embrace these changes, and capture the greatest benefit possible for a sustainable future, we as transportation professionals must retool our approaches towards analysis and design of the systems we are responsible for.
We welcome you to share your ideas, initiatives, and success stories. Submissions are welcome on any topic that demonstrates something new, novel, or noteworthy in the world of transportation. Send us your abstract with any exciting new development in the state of the practice, and we’ll see if we can include it in a suitable conference session.
Some ideas for presentations which may be particularly topical include:
- Autonomous and connected vehicles
- Bike-, car- or ride-sharing initiatives
- Innovative urban / active transportation design
- Gender issues related to city building
- Designing for inclement weather and winter conditions
- Climate change adaptation, and preparation for natural disasters
- “New mobility” and transportation technology impacts
Please use your abstract to show us how and why your idea is innovative and would make a great addition to the technical program for Edmonton 2018!
We’re also planning to have a variety of session formats, especially innovative formats that would foster connections and/or collaborations among your audience members. Options include:
1. Paper and Presentation – a paper abstract followed up with a full paper after abstract acceptance, and then a final presentation at the conference; all submitted papers will be published in a conference compendium available on-line.
2. Presentation Only – a paper abstract followed up with a final presentation submitted after abstract acceptance
3. Innovative formats – If you are interested in developing your presentation into a Panel Discussion, Workshop, Pecha Kucha, Conversation Circle, World Cafe or Roundtable Session then please check the appropriate box under “Additional Considerations” on the Abstract Submission Form. Please be sure to include in your submission a brief description of the proposal, including its format, along with identified panelists and target audience. During the abstract review process the review panel will evaluate your proposal, and if selected, a panel member will contact you with further information.
|Abstract Submissions due:|
|Tentative Abstract Approvals:||December 15, 2017|
|Full paper submission for conditional acceptance:||March 15, 2018|
|Grant of Copyright License:||March 15, 2018|
|Presentation Release:||March 15, 2018|
|Conditional Acceptance:||April 10, 2018|
|Submission of final paper for the Compendium:||April 24, 2018|
|Proof of Conference Registration:||May 4, 2018|
|Notification of presentation audio requirements (if any):||May 4, 2018|
|CITE Annual Meeting:||June 2-6, 2018|
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org