WSP is one of the world’s leading professional engineering services firms. Every day our more than 42,000 experts work to restore the natural environment and transform the built environment.
In Canada, our 8000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transport networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We’re a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada’s Top 100 Infrastructure Projects.
At WSP, we’re proud, professional and passionate people. Join us.
WSP is currently seeking a Transportation Planning lead in our Edmonton office. Reporting to the Alberta Transportation Planning Manager, this position will be responsible for overseeing projects for clients including Alberta Transportation, urban and rural municipalities and the private sector.
The successful candidate will have the ability to lead projects within a team environment. You are looking for an opportunity that will showcase your creative side in a role that will impact transport mobility in the world around you. The types of projects will include developing interchange layouts, designing passing lanes, preparing transportation master plans, conducting traffic impact studies, preparing parking studies, corridor studies, undertaking safety assessments, and working on active transportation studies. As part of a national team of transportation planning professionals, you will have the opportunity to work on a diverse range of projects with colleagues across Canada.
- Analyze highway corridors and develop functional designs;
- Conduct traffic operations analysis;
- Oversee transportation system/network planning and development of transportation master plans
Conduct sustainable transportation analyses
Prepare functional plans for sustainable transportation;
- Interpret and report travel forecast results and plans, and communicate findings to clients/stakeholders;
- Liaise with team members and the public on transportation issues;
- Prepare study schedules, proposals and project reports;
- Lead project meetings and make presentations to clients;
- Mentor and supervise staff related to transportation planning and work closely with other departments to develop multi-disciplinary solutions; and
- Other duties as assigned/required.
- Post-secondary education from an accredited university in engineering, urban planning or a related field with a focus on transportation;
- Minimum 10 years of related experience;
- Ability to manage complex technical analysis, using tools such as travel demand forecasting (e.g. EMME, TransCAD, VISUM), micro-simulation (e.g. VISSIM, Synchro), and GIS database software;
- Experience in project management;
- Ability to liaise with the public on transportation issues;
- Well-developed communication and presentation skills;
- Mentoring and supervision of staff in transportation planning and work closely with other departments to develop multi-disciplinary solutions;
- Demonstrated ability to write proposals, business cases and technical reports; and
- PTOE or PTP would be viewed favourably.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit chj.tbe.taleo.net.