Website Watt Consulting Group Ltd.
Transportation - Engineering - Geomatics
WATT Consulting Group (WATT) is seeking a dynamic person to lead our established Vancouver market presence toward the next phase of growth in the Lower Mainland region. This opportunity is ideal for someone who is confident as a leader and would be excited to champion the growth of our Vancouver office, while working with a team of professionals across BC and Alberta.
Working in collaboration with the Vice-President, Transportation, and other Regional Leads, the role spans the technical, management, and business development spectrum of a thriving consulting office. Building and expanding client relationships will be equal in importance to leading and mentoring transportation consulting staff to build our practice.
- Managing a wide variety of transportation planning / traffic engineering projects.
- Providing transportation planning / traffic engineering input to projects being led by others.
- Preparing successful proposals for public and private sector transportation projects.
- Presenting technical information to clients and/or the public.
- Developing business opportunities with existing and potential clients, with a goal to grow the Vancouver office.
- Peer reviewing work completed by other members of the team.
- Working with junior staff to develop their technical and soft skills.
- Providing technical leadership to the Transportation group in Vancouver and other offices.
- Maintaining technical competence in engineering and project delivery.
- Post-secondary degree in Civil or Transportation engineering, or Community & Regional Planning, from an accredited university. Master’s level education is strongly preferred.
- Must be a registered member or have the ability to become a member of Engineers and Geoscientists BC or the Canadian Institute of Planners.
- 15+ years of transportation engineering or transportation planning experience, with significant familiarity with the Lower Mainland market.
- Knowledge of a range of technical practice areas (e.g. traffic engineering, transportation planning, parking analysis, active transportation, transit planning and operations, concept / functional design, road safety and planning for land development). Please see our website for a fuller description of our areas of practice: http://wattconsultinggroup.com/transportation-services/
- Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to work in a team environment to coach, mentor, inspire and motivate staff.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills; proven ability to enhance relationships with staff and clients alike.
- Strong analytical and organization skills.
- Able to work with minimal supervision.
BENEFITS OF WORKING FOR WATT:
- We work on interesting and fun projects that make a positive impact in our community (see attached examples).
- We offer a robust total compensation package, and salary will be competitive within the Lower Mainland market, commensurate with skills and experience.
- We offer flexibility of work hours to support a work/life balance.
- Mentoring will be available to allow you to blossom in this role with support from senior Principals in the firm.
- Ownership opportunities will be available to the successful candidate.
In business since 1983, WATT is a multi-disciplinary civil engineering, transportation planning and land survey practice, with offices in Calgary, Victoria, Vancouver, Kelowna, Edmonton and Lloydminster. We provide leading-edge transportation planning, engineering and geomatics services to a wide variety of public and private sector clients throughout Western Canada. We strive to achieve our Vision of being a recognized leader in the creation of vibrant and livable communities. You will be joining a team that is passionate about what they do and who hold themselves to a high standard of excellence. We take our work to “HEART”! These are the values we hold high and strive to live by every day: Honesty, Excellence, Accountability, Respect and Teamwork.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org