Website Watt Consulting Group Ltd.
WATT Consulting Group (WATT) is seeking a Senior Transportation Engineer to join the team in our Calgary office. We are looking for a dynamic individual committed to high-quality professional work, meeting the needs of our clients, and working with our multi-disciplinary team to create vibrant and livable communities.
About the Role
The Senior Transportation Engineer will be involved in a wide range of transportation projects from multi-modal planning and design to traffic operations and impact studies.
The primary responsibility will be to manage transportation engineering projects in the Land Development sector from start to finish with the support of junior/technical staff. The role will also involve providing transportation engineering expertise to other members of our integrated team in both advisory and support roles.
The following specific duties and responsibilities are expected:
· Manage a range of transportation planning and engineering projects, ensuring schedule and budget adherence, balanced project team resources, on-going client communication, invoicing, and adherence to our corporate quality control processes.
· Apply technical transportation planning and engineering expertise in the areas of land development, network and intersection analysis, transportation / traffic impact assessments, and multimodal planning and infrastructure to provide clients with options and opportunities to create vibrant and livable communities through management of transportation.
· Work with and support other WATT team members by assisting other project managers, peer-reviewing technical work, and mentoring / advising junior staff.
· Organize and attend client, community and Council meetings and other public engagement activities, and present / communicate technical information in an understandable manner.
· Prepare written documentation of project work in a clear and concise manner.
· Pursue business development opportunities with past, current and prospective clients.
· Lead or support the preparation of proposals for private and public sector clients.
· Maintain technical competency in transportation engineering and project delivery, including active participation in professional organizations and on-going professional development.
· Plan and manage data collection programs
· Travel within the Alberta South region as required, as well as opportunity for travel to support other projects within Western Canada.
· Be prepared to lead by example by working alongside others on our team to continuously improve our transportation practice and the value we deliver to our clients and communities.
Candidates should possess the following qualifications and skills:
· A registered member or the ability to become a member of the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Alberta (APEGA). PTOE and/or RSP certification considered an asset.
· Eight or more (8+) years of transportation engineering experience, preferably including significant involvement in many or all of the following areas: transportation planning for land development, transportation network analysis, parking impact assessments, roadway functional planning, site access & circulation planning, traffic noise assessments, and traffic impact assessments.
· Experience in the following supporting areas is an asset: traffic signal timing, safety audits, traffic modeling, transportation demand management (TDM), active transportation planning and design.
· Working knowledge of key technical manuals applicable in Southern Alberta – TAC Geometric Design Guide, Alberta Transportation Supplement to TAC Guide, City of Calgary Design Guidelines for Subdivision Servicing, other local jurisdictions within southern Alberta.
· Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, as well as strong analytical and organization skills.
In business since 1983, WATT Consulting Group is a multi-disciplinary civil engineering, transportation, geotechnical, and geomatics practice, operating out of offices in Calgary, Edmonton, Lloydminster, Victoria, Vancouver, and the Okanagan. We provide transportation planning and engineering services to a wide variety of public and private sector clients throughout Western Canada. You will be joining a team that is passionate about what they do and who hold themselves to a high standard of excellence. We take our work to “HEART”! These are the values we hold high and strive to live by every day: Honesty, Excellence, Accountability, Respect and Teamwork. #WEAREWATT
Our individual offices have smaller dynamic teams that operate together as ‘One Studio,’ with more than 20 transportation engineers, planners, and technologists collaborating to develop innovative approaches to mobility and community livablility. Our larger team works together on multimodal projects across Western Canada, meaning that joining our transportation practice provides the opportunity for exposure to many transportation planning/engineering areas, communities and contexts. There are opportunities for you to support our key services areas while having the freedom to explore and cultivate project work you are passionate about.
BENEFITS OF WORKING FOR WATT:
¨ We work on interesting and fun projects that make a positive impact in our community (see attached examples).
¨ We offer a robust total compensation package, and salary will be competitive within the Alberta South market, commensurate with skills and experience.
¨ We offer flexibility of work hours to support a work/life balance.
¨ Mentoring will be available to allow you to blossom in this role with support from senior principals in the firm.
¨ Ownership opportunities will be available to the successful candidate.
If you are looking for an exciting opportunity and to grow your career in a dynamic organization and share our interest in creating vibrant and livable communities, submit your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. WATT Consulting Group is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com