In 2017, Urban Systems established our professional practice in Winnipeg in the heart of the Exchange District and we are now looking for an experienced intermediate to senior Transportation Consultant (planner or engineer) to join our team. Transportation is an integral part of our professional practice here at Urban Systems and while we don’t aspire to be the biggest, we want to be the best at addressing a range of community-based transportation challenges for all modes. The primary focus of this position will be leading projects and developing and serving clients throughout Manitoba and Ontario, as well as supporting our transportation practice elsewhere across Canada. We have considerable experience in all aspects of transportation including active transportation, school travel planning, urban roads, goods movement, transit, parking, as well as integrated master transportation plans. We have extensive in-house capabilities to take transportation projects through the various planning, design and implementation phases.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to lead and support a variety of projects. The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Building and developing client relationships across Manitoba and Ontario
- Working directly with clients and on projects within a larger Urban Systems team
- Leading the Winnipeg transportation team and providing mentorship and support to junior engineers and planners
- Leading and directing technical analysis for a range of transportation planning and design projects
- Preparing and delivering reports, technical memoranda and presentations for a range of technical and non-technical audiences
- Providing support to senior project leaders and acting as a technical lead
- Providing mentorship and guidance to junior engineers and planners
- Building on our relationships with local, regional and provincial government agencies to make them and their stakeholders successful
- Preparing and managing work plans, schedules and budgets.
Given the variety of project needs, we will consider candidates with a range of experience, education, and backgrounds. Typical qualifications would include an undergraduate or graduate degree in Civil Engineering or Urban Planning (with emphasis on Transportation Engineering, Planning, or Policy). The right candidate for this opportunity will also have a minimum of 7 years of relevant experience (preferably at least 10 years) and a proven history of working alongside communities, keeping service and client needs at the forefront. The right candidate will also have demonstrated experience working in a consulting environment, and has experience working locally within the Winnipeg market.
How to Apply
To learn more about this opportunity and apply, please visit our website www.urbansystems.ca for more information and submit your resume and cover letter along with a completed Candidate Questionnaire (available for download on our site).
To apply for this job please visit careersen-urban-systems.icims.com.