Website True North Safety Group
True North Safety Group (TNS) is currently seeking Transportation Engineer, Engineer-in-Training, or Technologist for our Toronto office. This position will provide technical support and services to our team of respected transportation safety experts.
As a Transportation Safety Engineer/Technologist your primary duties and responsibilities will be as follows:
- Performing site examinations relating to road user safety, collision analysis, traffic operations, and risk management;
- Conducting data and technical analyses;
- Preparing reports;
- Assisting in the preparation of client proposals and supporting materials;
- Effectively communicating investigation and analysis findings to colleagues and others;
- Representing TNS at industry and professional events;
- Fostering a positive work environment that encourages teamwork, cooperation, and collaboration; and
- Undertaking any additional duties as directed by TNS and reasonably expected of a Transportation Safety Analyst.
The following qualifications, experience and skills are required:
- Bachelor’s degree or College diploma in Transportation Planning, Civil Engineering, or Engineering Technology with a focus on Transportation
- 1 to 5 years of demonstrated experience in traffic engineering, traffic operations, and/or transportation safety.
- Having or working towards achieving a P.Eng. / CET designation
- Direct experience with AutoCAD, Synchro, and GIS platforms is an asset.
- Knowledge of key technical manuals, including OTM Books, TAC Geometric Design Guide, and Highway Safety Manual.
- Excellent communications skills, both written and oral.
- A valid Ontario driver’s license.
About the company:
TNS was established in 2017, to provide consulting services focused in the areas of transportation safety. Our two main streams of businesses are forensic engineering investigation services and consulting engineering services. Forensic investigations consist of undertaking comprehensive assessments to determine to what extent, if any, the design, operations, or maintenance of a transportation facility contributed to a specific event or collision, and if the responsible transportation authority or agency met the required standard of care. Although the consulting assignments can significantly vary in type and size, they typically involve safety assessments/audits of various transportation facilities (e.g. road, intersections, pedestrian and bicycle facilities, and freeway facilities) and the identification of remedial measures to improve the level of safety.
Referencing the job title, please email your resume and cover letter to:
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com