Website Town of Caledon
Town of Caledon is a dynamic municipality that successfully balances urban, rural and agricultural communities. Our energetic staff are guided by our core values that create an environment for continuous improvement and customer service excellence.
In addition to offering exciting career opportunities, the Town also provides a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package. Come see how you can make a difference.
Reporting to the Manager, Transportation Engineering, this position is responsible for the review of traffic and parking studies, and transportation designs submitted in support of development applications within the Town. This position also includes reviewing major transportation planning studies such as the Town’s Transportation Master Plan and various Environmental Assessments, and providing technical guidance primarily related to transportation planning and traffic investigations with a focus on quality customer service and continuous improvement processes. As the Coordinator, Transportation Development you will perform the following duties, including but not limited to:
- Reviews the transportation-related studies provided for development applications such as Site Plan Control, Draft Plan of Subdivision, Committee of Adjustment, Zoning by-law Amendments, and Official Plan Amendments, to ensure compliance with corporate, provincial and industry standards and appropriate design criteria from a transportation planning perspective
- Prepares, reviews, analyzes and formulates comments for the transportation-related studies within development applications such as Transportation Impact Studies, Parking Studies, Site Plan Assessments, etc.
- Reviews and provides written comments on signal warrants, queuing, signal operations, pavement markings and signage plans for existing and proposed access and intersections as it relates to development applications
- Prepare and review council reports and attend Council/Committee meetings; provide support to the Manager in preparing explanations and interpretation of applicable policies, procedures and standards in Traffic Investigations
- Assists the Manager in coordinating the Town’s Transportation Master Plan
- Leads multi-disciplinary projects such as Environmental Assessments by working closely with various internal staff and external parties such as the Town’s consultants and various stakeholders
COVID-19: In consideration of the current pandemic and Public Health orders, the Town of Caledon is providing limited in-person services as Town Hall is open to the public by appointment only. The successful candidate for Coordinator, Transportation Development will be required to work a flexible schedule, including in the office, remotely and after hours (as required).
The Ideal Candidate
We are seeking an enthusiastic professional with a post-secondary degree in Civil Engineering with specialization in Transportation or Traffic Engineering and registered as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) with Professional Engineers Ontario (PEO). Our ideal candidate has a minimum of four (4) years related experience in Traffic Engineering, Transportation Planning and Traffic Impact Studies.
The ideal candidate has a strong background in transportation planning studies, practices and standards, and transportation modeling and experience and thorough understanding of the municipal planning process, engineering standards and field-related resource materials such as ITE, HCM, OPSD, HTA, OTM, and TAC. We are seeking an individual with strong knowledge of transportation planning principles, concepts, practices, methods and legislations, GTA context and roles of different levels of government and extensive experience with computer applications related to transportation planning and highway/intersection capacity analysis such as: Syncho/SimTraffic, Vissim, Aimsun, HCS and Arcady. The ideal candidate has demonstrated commitment to continuous improvement and customer service, superior verbal and written communication skills, and has excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
This position offers a salary range of $79,761.28- $96,363.88 plus a competitive benefit package.
Satisfactory passing of a criminal record check, and proof of qualifications will be required of any successful candidate(s) for this position.
New employees who commence employment on or after November 15, 2021 are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, as a condition of employment. Being fully vaccinated is determined as the status of having received the full series of approved vaccines (both doses of a two dose vaccine series, one dose of a single dose vaccine series) and any additional doses required and approved by Health Canada and having satisfied the full post vaccination period required to ensure vaccination efficacy. The Town of Caledon reserves the right to request proof of vaccination at any time. Acceptable proof includes an Ontario Ministry of Health COVID-19 vaccine receipt which you can obtain through the Provincial portal https://covid19.ontariohealth.ca/, or other government-issued vaccine passport or certification. The requirement to be fully vaccinated is subject to the Ontario Human Rights Code.
The Town is committed to diversity and inclusivity in employment and welcomes applications from qualified individuals of diverse backgrounds. The Town is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive and barrier-free workplace. If your application requires accommodation, please contact Human Resources at (905) 584-2272 Ext. 4738.
How to Apply
To learn more about employment with the Town of Caledon and to apply for this exciting and challenging opportunity, visit: www.caledon.ca/careers
If needed and upon request, this document can be made available in an alternative format.
To apply for this job please visit careers.caledon.ca.