Website Town of Caledon
Town of Caledon is a dynamic municipality that successfully balances urban, rural and agricultural communities. Our energetic staff are guided by our core values that create an environment for continuous improvement and customer service excellence.
In addition to offering exciting career opportunities, the Town also provides a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package. Come see how you can make a difference.
Reporting directly to the Coordinator, Transportation Development, this role is responsible for investigating traffic concerns and providing technical guidance primarily related to traffic operations with a focus on quality customer service and continuous improvement processes. As a Traffic Technologist, you will perform the following duties, including but not limited to:
- Undertake field investigations related to traffic engineering files
- Resolves traffic operation, engineering and parking issues and collects and analyzes traffic and accident data.
- Reviews and replies to reports, inquiries and complaints related to traffic operations
- Plans, administers, assigns, reviews, and/or recommends acceptance of various technical studies, designs, drawings, estimates, agreements, applications and proposals.
- Prepare and maintain drawings related to traffic engineering, e.g. Pavement Marking, Inventory of traffic calming measures, traffic data count, etc.
- Process before and after studies, respond to all stakeholders, prepare reports to Council, and complete detailed designs for Traffic Calming applications
- Investigate resident & Council inquiries and prepare work orders for installation of traffic control devices
- Research and prepare written correspondence and reports to Committee, Council, Councilors, consultants, and the general public
The Ideal Candidate
We are seeking an enthusiastic professional with a post-secondary degree or diploma in Transportation Engineering, Civil Engineering or a closely related field and accreditation as a P.Eng, or C.E.T., or eligibility within 2 years. The candidate should have 3 years related experience in Traffic Operations or Transportation Engineering, as well as experience in customer service. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in the traffic operations field, including traffic analysis and field studies.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated knowledge of traffic engineering practices, current traffic data management software, Ontario Traffic Manuals, TAC guidelines, and Highway Traffic Act. The candidate will be proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and have knowledge of Traffic Engineering Software (TES), Synchro 8, SimTraffic, Highway Capacity Software (HCS), and AutoCAD. We are seeking an individual with demonstrated organizational skills with considerable attention to detail, exceptional customer service skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
This position offers a salary range of $70,322.24 – $83,161.64 plus a competitive benefit package.
Notwithstanding the above, candidates who do not fulfill all of our requirements may be considered in a Development Status capacity. Satisfactory passing of a criminal record check, and proof of qualifications will be required of any successful candidate(s) for this position.
The Town is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive and barrier-free workplace. If your application requires accommodation, please contact Human Resources at (905) 584-2272 Ext. 4738.
How To Apply
To learn more about employment with the Town of Caledon and to apply for this exciting and challenging opportunity, visit: www.caledon.ca/careers
If needed and upon request, this document can be made available in an alternative format.
To apply for this job please visit careers.caledon.ca.