This position is located at Regional Headquarters in Whitby, Ontario.
Reporting to the Manager of Transportation Infrastructure, the successful applicant will be responsible for Corridor Management activities within the right-of-way of the Region’s Transportation Network.
The incumbent will:
– Manage and oversee the regional road network corridors through the municipal consent approval process, road occupancy/moving permit approval processes as well as overseeing the Region’s utility coordination and relocation efforts
– Participate in the development of the Region’s annual capital road program and nine-year forecast, as well as the annual asset management report and transportation servicing and financing study
– Represent the Region on transportation asset management and corridor management initiatives initiated by the province, area municipalities and other organizations that may affect the Region’s transportation system
– Supervise, develop and coach assigned staff
– Identify and monitor funding requirements and financial feasibility of projects
– Present information and answer questions at public meetings, committees, media, etc.
– Respond to inquiries and resolve concerns from the public and stakeholders
– Prepare committee/council reports and recommendations
– Participate on internal and external teams and/or committees in the development of transportation asset management related initiatives
The successful applicant will possess:
– A Civil Engineering Degree
– A Professional Engineer License (P. Eng.) with the Professional Engineers of Ontario
– Extensive related project management and engineering experience in the areas of corridor management, and transportation asset management principles
– Familiarity with the Municipal Class Environmental Assessment, and familiarity with various other municipal, provincial and federal acts, policies and guidelines as they pertain to corridor management
– Proficient in Microsoft Office software as well as specialized transportation software
– Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills, presentation skills, and effective verbal and written communication skills
– A valid Ontario Class G Driver’s Licence
Management & Exempt Salary Grade 7
– Salary: $97,311 to $121,639 per annum
External Application Process
Come find a home where exciting and rewarding careers are balanced with your lifestyle. We thank all applicants; however, only those being considered will be contacted. Please apply online (www.durham.ca) to Job ID 11417 no later than midnight on the closing date indicated on the Job Posting.
The Region of Durham is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process. If contacted for an employment opportunity and you require accommodation, or if this information is required in an accessible format, please contact us at: RecruitingHelp@durham.ca and a Recruiter will provide appropriate assistance pursuant to the Region’s Accommodation and Accessibility policies. Please note that resumes should not be sent to RecruitingHelp@durham.ca.
To apply for this job please visit www.durham.ca.