One in Rapid Transit Office Division & One in Transportation Design Division
Reporting to the Project Manager, the successful applicant will support the coordination and delivery of Regional road and/or rapid transit projects in a manner that achieves a safe and efficient Regional Road system that balances mobility requirements with the needs of the Regional community. The incumbent will:
– Support, coordinate and complete the technical review and commenting of submissions, plans and operational activities which have an impact on the Regional road and transit systems to preserve the functional integrity of the present and future road and transit network
– Provide technically consistent designs and comments; deliver timely well-engineered plans by assisting with providing technical leadership and direction to staff and clients
– Planning and organizing the activities and work execution of technical staff, support staff and consultants
– Contribute to identifying and securing funding for Regional road and rapid transit improvements and programs to ensure proposals, projects and programs are financially feasible by identifying and addressing financial implications
– Mentor and guide staff to ensure the most effective and cost-efficient use of staff resources; promote staff responsibility, empowerment and awareness; and to implement corporate, departmental, and branch directives
– Assist with the initiation, preparation and delivery of plans and proposals for more complex transportation projects and plans pertaining to the Regional road and rapid transit systems to develop a transportation system which complies with and follows the intent of Regional policies, initiatives and industry guidelines; and to address transportation system needs in terms of the system vision.
– Facilitate the Division’s role in coordinating transportation issues involving multiple divisions, departments and external agencies, to maintain an integrated transportation system which addresses Regional concerns
– Represent the Regional Corporation to satisfy legislated requirements and expectations
– Work in accordance with the provisions of applicable health and safety legislation and all corporate/departmental policies and procedures related to occupational health and safety
The successful applicant will possess:
– A Civil Engineering Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
– Licensed as a Professional Engineer with the Professional Engineers of Ontario
– Several years of work experience related to the functional planning and detailed design for Regional roads and/or rapid transit projects, including expert knowledge of relevant geometric design standards
– Knowledge of the Municipal Class Environmental Assessment, and familiarity with various other municipal, provincial and federal acts, policies and guidelines as they pertain to transit and road related projects
– Excellent project planning and management skills, strong analytical/problem solving skills, and statistical and data management skills
– Well-developed management, interpersonal, employee-relations and leadership skills with strong presentation, and oral and written communication skills
– Ability to demonstrate political awareness and professional tact
– Strong computer literacy skills using Microsoft Office programs and AutoCAD (Civil 3D an asset)
– A valid Ontario Class ‘G’ Driver’s Licence and the use of a reliable vehicle
PMP Certification would be considered an asset.
Salary: $84,503 to $105,629 per annum
To learn more about this opportunity, please visit: https://bit.ly/3hW0PrR and apply online directly to Job ID 14406 no later than July 30, 2021.
We thank all applicants; however, only those to be considered for an interview will be contacted.