Website The Corporation of the City of Brantford
Reporting to the Manager of Design and Construction, Engineering Services, the Engineer is responsible to manage small to large multi-disciplined capital projects from budget estimates, planning, procurement, environmental assessments and design through to completion. The Engineer facilitates the project management of capital projects, primarily for roadway and intersection designs, as well as water, sanitary and storm sewer municipal infrastructure with effective leadership, working with a diverse team of professionals.
Duties include, but not limited to:
- Project management in collaboration with proven leadership skills in delivering the capital works projects within municipal linear infrastructure, primarily related to road infrastructure.
- Schedule and oversee projects to ensure efficient and cost effective delivery of capital projects
- Assist in preparation of the annual capital and operating budgets and monitors current project budgets
- Coordinate with the City’s Operational Services Traffic Operations Division inputs on optimization of traffic network performance, Traffic Management initiatives such as Vision Zero, analysis based design or improvements to intersections and roads, and overall traffic analysis and studies.
- Plan, develop and review street lighting plans, noise studies, new and modifications to existing, traffic/pedestrian control facilities for the capital program.
- Participate in the hiring and daily direction to junior staff/consultants/contractors in completion of assignment and project related tasks
- Liaise with governing and approval agencies, stakeholders, developers, consultants, contractors, internal staff and external agencies
- Lead by example with a strong ability to support, coach and mentor staff within a multi-functional and collaborative team environment.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Four year University degree in Civil Engineering with specialization and/or supplemental course work in Transportation/Traffic engineering.
- Five (5) years plus of relevant experience within the design and project management of Transportation/Traffic municipal infrastructure
- Registration as a licensed Professional Engineer in good standing with the Association of Professional Engineers of Ontario (PEO), or eligible for designation in Ontario
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certificate is an asset
- Knowledge and familiarity with the Highway Traffic Act and relevant MTO Ontario Traffic Manual books, relevant Ontario Provincial Standards
- High level of competency in the use of computer programs in particular Microsoft programs (MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel), specialized traffic software, Geographical Information System (GIS) and financial software.
- Highly developed project management skills in collaboration with proven leadership skills in delivering the capital works projects within municipal linear infrastructure, primarily related to road infrastructure.
- Proven problem solving and decision-making skills with strong transportation principles when providing engineering advice and recommendations.
- A high level of integrity, as an effective leader, with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A strong awareness of municipal government and of pertinent legislation, standards, regulations and policies within local, provincial and federal governments
Please apply online at: https://www.brantford.ca/en/your-government/full-time-opportunities.aspx
Qualified candidates please attach one PDF formatted resume & cover letter.
Information gathered relative to this position will only be used for candidate selection.
We thank each applicant for taking the time and effort to submit your resume, however, only candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
The City of Brantford is committed to diversity and inclusivity in our employment practices. We promote the independence, dignity, integration, and equality of opportunity with persons with disabilities by ensuring the accessibility of our facilities and services. Accommodations, including alternative formats, are available for all parts of the recruitment and selection process. For more information or to request an accommodation please contact the Human Resources Department at 519-759-4150.
To apply for this job please visit www.brantford.ca.