Website The Corporation of the City of Brantford
Reporting to the Supervisor of Traffic Services, the Traffic Systems Technologist is responsible for: Preparing and implementing traffic timings for signalized intersections throughout the city, performing traffic counts and turn movements, preparation of Street lighting layouts, photometric analysis of the lighting system for new developments, retro fitting existing lighting systems, and assisting with inspections and documentation on various traffic infrastructures.
- Completion of a post-secondary education in Transportation Engineering Technology
- Three (3) years’ of experience with traffic signal systems
- Experience with programs such as Centracs and TES
- Experience calculating with photometric calculations, RP-8 roadway lighting standards, inspection processes and follow-up documentation
- Municipal experience is an asset
- Excellent organizational, analytical, interpersonal and customer service skills are essential
- Candidates must have the ability to work independently in a team environment and can handle multiple priorities and deadlines
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficiency in computer software programs including MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) skills are essential
- Possess a valid G Ontario driver s license in good standing during the course of employment
WAGE RANGE: $31.57 to $35.08 per hour (based on 35 hours a week) plus benefits.
To apply on-line, please visit the City of Brantford website at https://careers.brantford.ca/ and click on Current Opportunities.
Closing date for applications: Thursday, December 3, 2020, at 4:30 p.m.
Information gathered relative to this position will only be used for candidate selection.
We thank each applicant for taking the time and effort to submit your resume, however, only candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Our organization is committed to promoting the independence, dignity, integration, and equality of opportunity of persons with disabilities by ensuring the accessibility of our facilities and services. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment and selection process. Applicants need to make their required accommodations known in advance.
To apply for this job please visit careers.brantford.ca.