Website The Corporation of the City of Brantford
The Corporation of the City Of Brantford
Design Engineer – Linear
Job ID #822
Reporting to the Manager of Design and Construction in Engineering Services, the Design Engineer- Linear is responsible to manage a variety of small to large multi-disciplined capital projects from budget estimates, planning, procurement, environmental assessments, design and construction through to completion. The Design Engineer facilitates the project management of capital projects primarily in roads, water, sanitary and storm linear municipal infrastructure projects with effective leadership working with a diverse team of professionals.
Duties include, but not limited to:
- Highly developed project management skills in collaboration with proven leadership skills in delivering capital works projects in linear municipal infrastructure within a team environment.
- Effective design development skills in reviewing and the stamping of the capital linear municipal infrastructure projects.
- Strong technical knowledge in the planning, design, construction and operation of roads, water, sanitary and storm linear municipal infrastructure and related functions.
- Write and review, with technical expertise, proposals, evaluations, tenders, financial/variance reports, standards and specifications, technical reports and project summary’s.
- Develop and monitor project schedules, financials and negotiate project changes and claims while maintaining the quality and schedule of the project.
Delivery of technical reports, council reports and presentations with proficiency with a high level of integrity.
- Apply proven problem solving and decision-making skills with strong engineering principals when providing engineering advise and recommendations.
- Liaise and work collaboratively with a strong awareness of municipal government and of pertinent legislation and policies within local, provincial and federal government.
- Assist in facilitating, as a skilled communicator within a multi-functional and dynamic team environment with proven leadership skills.
- Leads by example with a strong ability to support, coach and mentor the development of staff.
- Competent in the use of computer programs in particular all Microsoft programs (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Project Schedule, Outlook) and a working knowledge of AutoCAD Civil 3D and City financial programs.
- Four year University degree in Engineering (Civil or Environmental preferred).
- Professional Engineer Designation in Ontario, minimum of 4 years’ experience.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certificate is an asset.
- Five (5) years of relevant experience leading technical staff through the planning, design, construction and completion of linear municipal infrastructure projects.
WAGE RANGE: $85,798.00 to $107,247.00 per annum (based on 35 hour week) with benefits
To apply on-line, please visit the City of Brantford website at https://brantford.ca and click on Jobs and Volunteering and Current Opportunities. Closing date for applications: Thursday, May 23, 2019 at 4:30 p.m.
Information gathered relative to this position will only be used for candidate selection.
We thank each applicant for taking the time and effort to submit your resume, however, only candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Our organization is committed to promoting the independence, dignity, integration, and equality of opportunity of persons with disabilities by ensuring the accessibility of our facilities and services. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment and selection process. Applicants need to make their required accommodations known in advance
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org