Website The City of Red Deer
Traffic Infrastructure Design Lead
The City of Red Deer is currently seeking the right person to fill the position of Traffic Infrastructure Design Lead. This exempt supervisory position is responsible for the planning and design of traffic signals and streetlight infrastructure projects and programs, and for the overall supervision of the Traffic Signal & Streetlight Design group with the Engineering Services’ Traffic Section. The position assumes professional engineering responsibilities for traffic signal and streetlight infrastructure planning, design, and construction projects. Traffic Signal & Streetlight Design group priorities and daily duties are carried out through consultation with the Traffic Engineer.
As our preferred candidate you will have:
· Graduation from university with a Degree in Electrical or Civil Engineering, focused on traffic engineering (specifically traffic signals and streetlight related design).
· Membership as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) in the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Alberta (APEGA). Membership as a Professional Licensee (P.L.(Eng.)) with APEGA may be considered with additional experience in traffic engineering, beyond the listed minimum below.
· Certification as a Traffic Signal Design/Engineering Technician Level II and/or Roadway Lighting Technician Level II with the International Municipal Signal Association (IMSA) is an asset.
· Minimum five years of diversified experience in traffic signals and streetlight design and project management, with progressively more responsible duties and supervision of others.
· Thorough knowledge of the principles and practices of traffic signals and streetlight design.
· Knowledge of applicable legislation relative to municipal traffic operations.
· Ability to devise solutions to complex engineering problems, where there is little precedence to rely on. Experience with directing the use of complex engineering optimization software is preferred.
· Skill in the preparation of technical reports. Ability to communicate effectively with the public, consultants, contractors, and the news media both verbally & in writing.
What we offer:
In addition to the very competitive hourly rate of $44.66 to $55.82 and an excellent benefit package, we offer a great work environment with a dynamic and dedicated team of likeminded professionals.
We welcome applications until August 18, 2022.
For more information and to apply online, please visit us at www.reddeer.ca/careers
or email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com