Community, Creativity, Clients
We create the connections that get people and goods moving—whether by car, bus, train, plane, or their own two feet. Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
We are seeking a highly motivated Senior Transportation Planner to lead our Transportation Planning and Traffic Engineering (TPTE) team in the GTA. This group provides consulting services to many private and public sector clients, including Metrolinx, the Ministry of Transportation Ontario, and municipalities across Ontario and the GTA. This position could be based in any one of our GTA offices (Toronto, Markham, Mississauga), and could lead to a larger TPTE role in the Canada Central & Atlantic Region.
You will be responsible for business development, growth, and delivery of projects in any of the following areas:
- Network & Area Planning Studies
- Traffic Impact Studies
- Functional Planning
- Parking Facility Planning and Design
- Development Access
- Active Transportation Planning (pedestrian and cycling system planning and facility design)
- Site Plan Functional Design Review (traffic, parking, loading)
- Traffic Modeling
- Transit Planning
- Traffic Management Plans
Your Capabilities and Credentials
You are a highly motivated, registered Professional Engineer or Professional Planner in the Province of Ontario, and have more than 15 years of related and applied work experience. The ideal candidate will also have the following additional skills and qualifications:
- Proven project management and people management experience
- Strong business development acumen
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- General knowledge of relevant transportation planning and traffic engineering policies and design standards in Ontario
- Working knowledge of transportation engineering related software such as Synchro, SimTraffic, Visum, Vissim, etc.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Planning, Engineering, Economics or related field. Prefer P.Eng. or RPP Certification. Minimum of 15 years of experience.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com