Website R.J. Burnside and Associates Limited
The Difference is our People
R.J. Burnside & Associates Limited (Burnside) is currently seeking a dynamic, knowledgeable, result-driven and enthusiastic Senior Transportation Engineer with a minimum of 10 to 12 years of experience to join our growing Transportation Group new Woodstock office location. The selected individual will work closely with team members and should excel at working in a fast pace, adaptive and innovative environment.
The focus of this role is to serve as senior technical lead for multi-modal transportation solutions for public and private sector clients across Ontario. The candidate will work cooperatively with senior project managers and/or directly with clients. Work will require coordination with our other technical teams on a variety of transportation infrastructure, land development and transportation planning projects.
The team undertakes transportation planning projects, including: transportation master plans, road needs studies, traffic impact studies, active transportation strategies, environmental assessments, traffic management plans and transportation policy development. We serve clients across Ontario and internationally. The team works closely with clients on projects from concept to completion.
This is a fantastic opportunity to further develop in a career in transportation by joining a dynamic team that takes on challenging projects and provides excellent rewards and benefits in return.
Reporting to the Vice President, Transportation, this position will involve (but is not limited to) carrying out the following tasks, and includes working with a team of engineers, CETs, EITs, and other technical professionals, to achieve this:
- Prepare / provide technical oversight of travel forecasts and level of service analysis for a wide range of transportation studies e.g. environmental assessments, master plans, corridor studies;
- Serve as the technical lead or project manager for traffic impact studies and traffic management plans;
- Serve as a client expert for peer reviews of traffic and transportation studies completed for development projects including residential, commercial, industrial, pits and quarries, etc.;
- Conduct operational reviews addressing the efficiency and safety of traffic operations including: traffic safety reviews, speed management, pedestrian and cycling accommodation, parking policy;
- Prepare all reports and ensure quality control of technical analysis;
- Work with other team leads to establish overall design strategies for projects;
- Ensure quality and timely delivery of project deliverables to meet the client’s needs;
- Lead the design implementation and day to day project coordination with overall project team;
- Prepare project budgets and proposals;
- Work with the leadership team on client development;
- Provide mentorship and training to junior and intermediate engineers and other technical staff and participate actively and formally in their development plans; and
- Other duties as assigned.
Professional Knowledge & Qualifications
The following qualifications, experience and skills are required:
- A degree in Civil Engineering or Transportation Engineering.
- Registered Professional Engineer (Ontario / PEO).
Strong analytical skills and data management with proficiency in use of Microsoft Office Suite of programs.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Thorough knowledge of municipal and provincial review processes.
- Ability to multi-task and work on a number of projects concurrently.
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment.
A valid Ontario driver’s license and vehicle.
The following experience and skills are considered additional assets:
- Formal project management training, (PMP designation or similar)
- Road design experience
Founded in 1970, R.J. Burnside & Associates Limited is a growing values-driven employee‑owned multi‑discipline engineering and environmental consultancy firm with over 370 staff and a proven track record of providing highly responsive service to clients in the Public, Private, Aboriginal and International sectors.
We work on a variety of projects throughout Canada, with nine office locations in Ontario and one in Manitoba. Over the past two decades, we have also been active internationally, with varied and ongoing projects across the Caribbean and Africa.
Burnside has expertise in many technical disciplines including air and noise, environmental services, GIS, hydrogeology, land development, renewable energy & conservation, solid waste, structures, transportation, traffic, water/wastewater and well drilling & diagnostics.
We take pride in our people and in our culture and the company has a strong reputation as being a great place to work. We are always interested in speaking with talented people who wish to share their careers with us at any of our offices. We offer competitive compensation and benefits, including RSP Matching Plans, Fitness Benefits, Flexible Hours and Work Locations, Career Development Opportunities, Continuing Education, Social Activities and a positive & inclusive working environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to seeking diversity in the workplace and we welcome resumes from all qualified candidates. Burnside will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the entire recruitment, assessment and selection process, as required. If you are a person with a disability and require an accommodation during these processes, please contact our Human Resources department.
We thank all who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.ca.