Website Paradigm Tranportation Solutions Limited
CAD Co-Ordinator – Transportation Planning & Engineering
Do you want to continue working from home and avoid going back to the office indefinitely?
Does the congested commute to work leave you thinking there must be a better way?
Are you looking for an employee-owned company that truly values its employees?
Are you looking to be a part of something with a bigger view than just the bottom line?
Are you tired of the same 9-5 grind and want more flexibility during the day?
Consider a career with Paradigm Transportation Solutions Limited!
Since 1998, Paradigm has been a highly successful consultancy. We have completed more than 5,000 transportation studies for thousands of clients across Canada. Our team of experienced, highly-skilled professional engineers, transportation planners, certified engineering technologists apply leading-edge technical skills to deliver creative, yet practical, multi-modal solutions to today’s complex mobility challenges.
We work in an environment that values our employees’ opinions, collaboration, embraces transformation and demands being principled, we help our partners implement transportation solutions that leave the world better than we found it.
We promote sustainable transportation choices through our remote business model that reduces our carbon footprint and supports our Team with an excellent work-life balance!
We are seeking a CAD Coordinator with passion and keen attention to detail to assist our team of transportation planners and engineers. You will need 3 or more years of directly relevant CAD design experience. We are looking for a self-motivated individual who wants to make a difference in our world and is willing to work from home in a full-time capacity.
Equipped with the latest skills and abilities in all facets of CAD design, you will work as part of a cohesive team on a variety of projects each providing their own challenges. Essential to your role is the demonstrated ability to:
- Complete functional design drawings, pavement marking and signage plans, cycling design, traffic calming design, AutoTURN drawings and a variety of figures for transportation planning and engineering related reports.
- Demonstrate a strong working knowledge of various software packages (e.g. AutoCAD, AutoTURN, PowerPoint), and Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrate familiarity with GIS(ArcGIS/ESRI), MicroStation and Civil3D software.
- Work independently as well as in a collaborative, team environment.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with staff and clients.
- Track budgeted hours on multiple projects using Mavenlink.
- Perform other duties as required.
Paradigm strongly believes in hiring the right kind of people. While specific job-related skills are important, we are more concerned that you are:
- A team player
- Willing to “think outside the box”
- Have a bigger world view
- Want to make a long-term commitment to a family
- Are kind and mature
But Wait… There’s More
Our firm has a proven track record of long-term employee retention. More than half our team has been with us for ten years or more. Here are some of the great things that our team members love about Paradigm:
- We have a very flexible work environment and are not the traditional 9-5 company – we know you have a life too and sometimes you need to work different hours to accommodate personal appointments, or to look after family matters.
- Our comprehensive Employee Assistance Program is available to all staff to provide any kind of support to your mental, emotional and physical well-being. When you succeed, we succeed.
- You get to work full-time from your current home location! We will help you set up an office in your home and help equip you with everything you need to do your job effectively and in an ergonomically correct manner. We even pay for your office space and unlimited internet on a monthly basis.
- You don’t even need your own vehicle, just a valid “G” driver’s license.
- Paradigm has a formalized social program with its own committee. Included in this program are quarterly events where you will gather with your cohorts for some team building and free food!
- We have an excellent benefits package that includes a Health Spending Account which provides great flexibility for your particular needs, and your choice of an RSP, TFSA or both where we match your contributions to help you achieve your retirement goals.
- We also have very competitive remuneration packages which include a defined bonus plan with eligibility for participation in our Employee Share Ownership Program.
- We start you off with three weeks of vacation and after only five years at Paradigm you get four weeks. We also provide an additional 3 paid days of vacation during the Holiday season.
- Advancement within the company is encouraged – grow your knowledge, help us continue to grow the business and opportunities will open up for both of us.
- Professional development training is not only encouraged, its a requirement. We give you a budget each year and you get to pick training opportunities to enhance your career.
- We are also actively working on a mentoring and teaching program to help our team members gain even more knowledge and to help them grow both personally and professionally.
- We strongly believe in giving back to the industry through our continued involvement with many organizations including CITE, TAC, OTC and others. We pay for your membership and encourage you to get involved.
- Paradigm is a stable company with strong management and a Strategic Plan focused on the evolution of mobility and technology.
- Our Senior Management Team is accessible – they don’t have their heads in the sand or too far in the clouds – they are always within reach and are dedicated to your success.
How Can I Get In On This?
All of the above, plus recognition for a job well done and the ability to work with a fantastic team and you know you will have a progressive and rewarding career with Paradigm!
If you want to contribute to a positive work environment, share your knowledge and be part of something great, then submit a resume and cover letter to us today at email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest in our growing company, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If you require accommodation during the interview process, please make us aware and we will do our best to accommodate your needs.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org