Website Morrison Hershfield
As an employee-owned firm, our employees are what sets us apart.
MH’s Transportation Business Unit provides planning, design and construction administration services for roadway, highway, transit, rail, bridge and related projects.
We are currently seeking a Director, Transportation Planning & Traffic Engineering for the Greater Golden Horseshoe area to serve our large and growing client base. The Transportation Planning & Traffic Engineering Group currently has a portfolio of 30 projects for a diverse group of public sector clients, which includes Ministry of Transportation of Ontario, City of Toronto, City of Mississauga, City of Hamilton, York Region, Peel Region, and Toronto Transit Commission, among others. The projects cover the full spectrum of studies and as such include feasibility studies, environmental assessment studies, operational studies as well as preliminary and detailed design studies.
This position can be located at either our Markham or Burlington office. The position offers potential for career development and growth on the technical and management fronts, as well as the opportunity to become an owner in the company. You will be supported by a strong technical team and will receive mentoring as needed from MH’s National Director for Transportation Planning & Traffic Engineering.
- Provide technical guidance and quality control on transportation planning and traffic engineering studies or elements.
- Manage and control all aspects of assigned projects to achieve the scope, schedule, budget and quality objectives as agreed upon with clients.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships and communication with clients, department managers, as well as internal and external leads.
- Support or lead proposal preparation efforts as may be needed.
- Assist with development and mentoring of junior and intermediate staff
- Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering, Urban Planning or equivalent. A Master’s degree is considered as an asset
- Licensed P.Eng. is required
- Minimum of 10 years of proven and progressive experience in delivering transportation planning and/or traffic engineering services in the public or private sectors
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Demonstrates interest in contributing to the profession through participation in conferences and technical committees is an asset
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org