Website MORR Transportation Consulting
A dynamic and exciting transportation engineering firm.
TRANSPORTATION ENGINEERING ASSOCIATE
MORR Transportation Consulting Ltd. is a dynamic and exciting small consulting firm located in Winnipeg, Manitoba. We are dedicated to excellence and provide innovative and insightful solutions to help improve quality of life through transportation improvements. Our staff are energetic, highly-motivated, intelligent, and committed to fostering a positive and healthy working environment.
We are seeking two (2) enthusiastic and well-rounded individuals who thrive in a team environment, can assume high levels of responsibility, and possess exceptional organizational and analytical skills. Applicants will be expected to work closely with others in a small company environment.
The ideal candidate will have had some general transportation planning and/or traffic engineering experience, particularly relating to traffic engineering (i.e., traffic engineering studies, road safety audits, traffic modeling, railway crossing assessments, GIS analysis, active transportation planning, etc.)
As a part of our team, you will be involved in providing professional services to our clients in the private and public sectors and will be expected to: (1) conduct assignments of a quantitative and qualitative nature; (2) learn to use, understand, and appropriately apply new technical tools; (3) assist preparing proposals; (4) conduct environmental scans; and (5) be involved in report writing.
- Bachelor of science in civil engineering. A Master’s in Transportation Engineering is an asset.
- Registration (or be eligible for registration) with Engineers Geoscientists Manitoba.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access), GIS software (e.g., GeoMedia, ESRI or others), design software (CAD), traffic modeling software (e.g., PTV or Synchro), and statistics software such as SAS or equivalent.
- Between 3 and 6 years of transportation engineering-related work experience either in the public or private sectors.
- Exceptional communication skills including report writing.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to synthesize large amounts of data and information.
- Computer programming skills will be considered an asset.
Preference will be given to applicants who, in addition to the above requirements, also demonstrate:
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a team while functioning independently and being a critical thinker.
- Attention to detail.
- Innovation and creativity.
- Organizational skills.
- Ability to learn.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in being part of our team, please submit the following to contact@MORRconsulting.com:
- Two to three-page resume
- The names and contact information of two (2) people that could be used as references
Application deadline: Friday January 31, 2020 or until the positions are filled.
To apply for this job email your details to contact@MORRconsulting.com