Transportation / Public Service
Our Network Planning team in Regional Planning is seeking 1 permanent candidate experienced in transportation planning analysis to assist in furthering the development and implementation of the Regional Transportation Plan (RTP). The Network Planning team is responsible for shaping the development of the region’s transit network through project evaluation and plans, studies, strategies, reports and presentations, in alignment with Metrolinx corporate priorities and business objectives.
· Coordinating planning analysis, research, forecasting, and planning projects to develop an integrated regional rapid transit network for the GGH.
· Supporting corporate and external initiatives through the development, participation, and/or coordination of planning analysis, and needs/opportunities assessments geared to accommodating growth, changing markets, and implementing provincial/municipal transportation policy.
· Playing a key role in the further development and implementation of the transit network described in the Regional Transportation Plan.
· Monitoring regional travel trends to identify transit needs and develop transit infrastructure and service alternatives that support a high quality of life, a sustainable environment and a strong, prosperous and competitive economy.
· Project management of planning projects, externally mandated projects, and other corporate initiatives.
Location: 97 Front Street West, Toronto
· Completion of a Diploma/Degree in Urban Planning, Transportation Planning or Engineering, or any combination of education, training and experience deemed equivalent.
· Minimum 4 years of progressively responsible experience in urban planning/transportation planning.
· Knowledge of the theory, principles, and practices of transportation planning, urban planning and data analysis.
· Strong project management and technical analysis skills, including data management, and quantitative and qualitative analysis.
· Proficiency in the use of spreadsheet, database, presentation, and word processing computer applications.
· Excellent analytical, oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
· Quantitative transportation planning experience, including experience utilizing transportation demand/ridership forecasting models, economic analysis, and geographic information systems (GIS) are an asset.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume online, no later than February 24, 2019
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. Accommodation will be provided throughout the hiring process, as required.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com