Transportation / Public Service
Metrolinx is an agency of the Government of Ontario and our goal is to create a transportation network that enhances the prosperity, sustainability and quality of life for the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Area. We lead planning in the region with a Regional Transportation Plan that guides the work and investments of the organization. This includes building light transit, bus rapid transit and Regional Express Rail, as well as operating GO Transit, UP Express and PRESTO.
Sponsor – PRI0002 (10 positions) Click Here to Apply
The Sponsors are part of a multi-disciplinary project team implementing the day-to-day management of high profile and politically sensitive projects to ensure that investment decisions are in line with corporate strategy and committed outcomes are delivered.
Sponsors are the ‘guiding minds’ of a project, providing assurance to the organization across the full project lifecycle that the delivered project can realize the targeted benefits.
· Leads and manages the integration of policy, procedures and initiatives into all Metrolinx projects/programs from inception to implementation, to ensure interests and objectives are consistently realized, across the organization.
· Provides oversight on and leads staff and teams on cross-functional program implementation, as a senior technical lead and manager;
· Establishes and directs the development of strategic internal processes, practices and principles that strengthens project and program design quality and excellence at a strategic level and plans/strategizes their implementation/integration into all design and build projects;
· Leads the identification of opportunities, roadblocks and gaps to integrating initiatives, practices and principles in major Metrolinx design and build projects through imparting best practice Sponsor Office knowledge
· Provides oversight to the review of necessary design policies, governance, and guidelines to identify gaps and meet new benchmarks for the implementation of design and build programs/projects
· Provides Sponsor Office subject matter expertise, guidance and advice to Sponsors, consultants, staff, and decision-makers;
· Develops an understanding of diverse internal and external stakeholder interests and creates positive working relationships through early and regular consultation to achieve interests and objectives, without limiting commitments to project delivery, budgets, and timelines;
· Acts as a key point of contact for the Sponsor Office, CPG procurement team and related project teams to ensure Program Design standards, policies, initiatives are accurately and fully reflected in the procurement documentation, including the Alternative Finance Process (AFP)
· Represents Metrolinx interests at public meetings, presentations, forums, and Board hearings;
· Advises and monitors internal and external partners on the financial costs and benefits of applying initiatives;
· Monitors procurement and contract management for external supplemental consulting services to meet timeliness and effectiveness;
· Monitors progress to ensure that planning objectives are delivered on time and within budget, and that anticipated business results are achieved; able to explain off-plan overages and exceptions;
· Manages unit operating budget, meets service delivery objectives and manages project and department activities within budgetary limits;
· Provides creative thought leadership with input from others to develop and deploy a strategic vision; connects and aligns projects with strategic corporate goals; demonstrates leadership and core competencies at a high level of development
· Directly manages a team of professionals in a single work group performing related tasks;
· Provides senior leadership oversight and direction to staff and project teams; delivers timely feedback to ensure a cohesive operational unit and the optimum use of team skills; manages staff and monitors work assignments to ensure adherence to timelines; monitors the achievement of performance objectives; develops and implements action plans to address performance gaps;
Location: 97 Front Street West, Toronto
· Completion of a degree in Engineering, Architecture, Landscape Architecture, Business, Public Administration or a related discipline or a combination of education, training and experience deemed equivalent
· Minimum ten (10) years’ progressive experience in leading/consulting on strategic transportation and land use planning projects/initiatives, preferably within a public sector environment
· Leadership skills and experience working on capital planning projects and initiatives in the transportation or other public sector industry and knowledge of theories, principles and practices of program and project planning and implementation;
· Experience championing and fostering a culture of project and program delivery excellence to increase the organization’s understanding and acceptance of the value of project and program design quality and experience;
· Management and leadership skills to manage a team of professionals; develop long term staffing/capacity plans; provide oversight
· Knowledge of Human Resources legislation to monitor and manage employees and contractors
· Knowledge of project management principles to manage projects and teams at a complex level that involve all forms of project delivery;
· Knowledge of the public sector procurement process and knowledge of/experience working with and leveraging the AFP and providing review and feedback to key partners and stakeholders to ensure initiatives and project interests are met;
· Relationship management, partnership building, negotiating skills and political acuity to effectively engage and influence project team members, internal/external stakeholders, staff and management across the organization
· Budgeting skills and experience to develop and manage budgets within budgetary limitations;
· Interpersonal and oral/written/presentation skills to brief/update senior/executive leadership
To apply for this position, please submit your resume online, no later than January 28, 2018.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. Accommodation will be provided throughout the hiring process, as required.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER www.metrolinx.com
To apply for this job please visit metrolinx.taleo.net.