McIntosh Perry is growing to meet demand – and we need you! As a growing multi-disciplinary engineering and related professional services firm, we are building on our strong National reputation by maintaining our commitment to ethical work practices, a quality product and exceptional service. With more than 600 employees in offices across Canada, McIntosh Perry is expanding its scope and looking for new talent to join our supportive, dynamic team. Our core values validate everything we have believed in since our company started:
Walk a mile in someone else’s shoes – Treat others as they would like to be treated
Make Momma proud – Do the right thing
Every McIntosh has a core – Be a leader
Pass. Shoot. Score. – Becoming excellent together
Did you dot the i’s and cross the t’s? – Personal responsibility
Don’t forget to cut the ribbon – Making a difference
If you are looking for an opportunity to work with a collaborative, hard-working and dedicated team of professionals and have fun, then this could be the right opportunity for you. For more information about McIntosh Perry, to see why it’s such a great place to work and one of the fastest growing engineering firms in Canada visit our website at www.mcintoshperry.com
PRACTICE AREA LEAD, TRANSPORTATION, PLANNING AND TRAFFIC ENGINEERING (Markham)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leading, coordinating, and prioritizing traffic engineering work for McIntosh Perry in GTA;
- Provide mentorship, guidance, quality control, support and oversight of junior and intermediate staff to complete various traffic engineering tasks;
- Support the business plan for transportation planning and traffic engineering;
- Working with the Division Manager (Transportation Planning and Traffic Engineering) to execute strategic growth and business initiatives within the GTA. As part of the growth strategy, and in consultation with the Division Manager, you will research, liaise with clients, network within the industry, assist with staff retention, and identify essential recruitment hires. The tasks above will be undertaken to support the Division Manager with their Business Plan objectives;
- Work with the Division Manager on resourcing and people management;
- Work with the Division Manager to achieve financial goals and support financial reporting;
- Acting as Project Manager and providing overall work management and technical performance on projects to ensure timelines and targets are being met;
- Liaising with clients, government and regulatory bodies as well as contractors;
- Preparing cost estimates and proposals for a variety of clients and sectors;
- Assist multi-disciplinary teams on a variety of projects;
- Providing overall work progress and technical performance on transportation engineering projects to ensure timelines and targets are being met;
- Completing traffic modelling and analysis with applicable design software (Synchro, VISSIM, etc.);
- Preparing traffic operations studies, traffic management plans, other reports and presentations as needed; and
- Develop and maintain relationships with industry professionals, consultants, and other business leaders.
- Post-secondary education from an accredited university in engineering, urban planning, or a related field with a focus on transportation Licensed as a Professional Engineer in Ontario (P.Eng.) or Registered Professional Planner (RPPs);
- 15+ years of relevant experience in transportation planning and/or traffic engineering services in the consulting or public sectors;
- Project coordination and management experience;
- Demonstrated interest in business development activities and preparation of proposals;
- Proven ability to supervise, direct and mentor junior staff;
- Good communication and leadership abilities;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to work effectively independently or as part of a team;
- Experience using Synchro/Simtraffic and other transportation software and methods (e.g. HCS, CCG, VISSIM, EMME, Aimsun, Vistro);
- Possess a valid driver’s license and have access to a vehicle with valid registration and insurance.
McIntosh Perry is an equal opportunities employer offering a competitive salary and benefits to those with the skills suited to the needs of our clients.
McIntosh Perry welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
(Referral Program Class A)
To apply for this job please visit mcintoshperry.bamboohr.com.