Website McElhanney Ltd
McElhanney has an exciting opportunity for a Transit Infrastructure/Sustainable Modes Design Engineer to join our dynamic team of diverse professionals. In this role you will both lead and assist with engineering planning and design of transit infrastructure (bus exchanges, bus priority measures, etc.) and sustainable transportation facilities (bike, pedestrian, etc.). Working closely with our branches located across the province, you will have the opportunity to deliver these projects across the Lower Mainland, Vancouver Island, and throughout BC. This is a fantastic opportunity for an individual to build a strong industry profile with our repeat clients and grow into a Key Client Manager role.
We have industry-leading professionals and mentors, and a culture that fosters growing future leaders. Our team has a reputation of taking great care in developing our people in a positive, friendly, inclusive, and rewarding work environment, which reputation extends to our clients through our projects. We’re excited to have you join McElhanney, a firm with big company opportunities, but with a small company feel!
This position can be based out of any of McElhanney’s BC offices, with the flexibility to work remotely.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Work with a diverse team of planners and engineers to develop concept designs.
- Collaborate with senior staff to develop and advance concept designs and sketches into detailed engineering design, using primarily an AutoCAD / Civil 3D platform, as well as other technical software as needed such as AutoTURN.
- Prepare accurate and cost-effective transit infrastructure/sustainable mode facilities designs, drawings, and cost estimates that meet all client and approval agency requirements and standards.
- Assist in preparing tender document special provisions and specifications.
- Manage client relations and act as primary point of contact to maintain and exceed expectations, while building repeat business.
- Participate in our inhouse Project Management Excellence Program to ensure scope, schedules, budgets, and quality control and safety standards are achieved on project delivery.
- Provide supervision, training, and mentorship to junior technical staff.
- Contribute to business development, including proposal preparation and attendance at industry events.
- Be a key part of our drive for sustainable futures in our communities.
What You’ll Bring:
- Degree in Civil Engineering, with a focus in transit facilities/sustainable transportation modes with at least 5 years of related experience.
- A passion for emerging trends in our rapidly changing transportation industry.
- Understanding of the roles played by planners, landscape architects, stormwater management, and other related services in delivering sustainable mode infrastructure.
- Registered as a Professional Engineer with EGBC.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Effective people and communication skills.
- Project management and proposal writing experience are a strong asset.
What Can We Offer You?
- Competitive compensation, participation in our generous performance bonus plan, and opportunity to join an employee owned firm with potential share ownership.
- Flexible work conditions to accommodate your busy lifestyle (hours, work from home, location).
- Continuous support for your professional development and growth.
- A workplace culture that is characterized by respect and inclusion for all.
- Great benefits, including parental leave top-up, extended health and dental coverage, healthcare spending account, and RRSP matching
- Employee and Family assistance program, which offers 24/7 support for all employees and their families either online or over the phone
Based in Western Canada for over 110 years, McElhanney offers innovative and dynamic yet practical engineering, planning, landscape architecture, environmental, surveying, and mapping services. As an ISO-9001, 100% employee-owned and operated firm, with over 1,000 staff members in 33 locations, we are proud to offer qualified staff with shareholding options in our company. At McElhanney, we work in teams to build strong connections with our staff, clients, and local communities. Our employees enjoy working here because of our varied projects, high levels of autonomy, opportunities for career development, excellent total compensation, and benefits package, and collaborating with a team of great professionals.
Our Purpose: Amaze our clients. Care for our communities. Empower our people.
To apply for this job please visit www.mcelhanney.com.