Website McElhanney Consulting Services Ltd.
The Oldest, Independently Owned Engineering Firm in Canada
Based in Western Canada for over 100 years, McElhanney offers innovative and practical engineering, surveying, mapping, planning, landscape architecture, and environmental services. As a 100% employee owned and operated firm, with over 1,000 staff members, we are proud to offer qualified staff with shareholding options in our company. Our teams work hard to build strong connections with our staff, clients, and local communities.
Our award-winning engineers embrace a trailblazing spirit by challenging conventional thinking, questioning the status-quo and expressing our passion to use engineering to make the world a better place. We recognize that our projects must serve the interests of our communities for the long term. Therefore, our teams specialize in municipal infrastructure & roadways, water resources, transportation, land development, structural, geotechnical, construction and electrical engineering services. From senior management to our most junior recruits, we are partners in solving our clients’ challenges.
McElhanney Consulting Services Ltd. has an opportunity for a Traffic/Transportation Planning Engineer to join our team in Edmonton, AB. In this role, you will have the opportunity will work collaboratively with our inter-disciplinary team of Engineers, Planners, Landscape Architects and Environmental Scientists to provide innovative and integrated consulting services to our public and private sector clients. This is a great opportunity for a junior engineer to grow their career with a well-established company.
- Providing experienced and skilled engineering and management of traffic transportation engineering projects from proposal stage, through conceptual design, detailed design, construction and completion stages
- Preparing traffic/safety studies and assisting with design packages for all forms and components of roads including interchanges, terminals, structures, resource roads and arterial Highways
- Preparing functional planning reports, design reports and presentations
- Proficient application of traffic software, including Synchro/SimTraffic and HCM. Experience with PTV Software (Vissim, Vistro, Vissum), EMME, Sidra and other modelling software will be considered an asset
- Mentoring and managing technical and junior professional staff participating on projects
- Providing assistance to the Branch Manager as required for planning, sales and marketing
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in civil engineering with an emphasis on consulting engineering
- Registration as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) in Alberta, or eligible for registration as a P. Eng in Alberta
- Experience should include project management, business development, conducting traffic impact assessments, safety studies, safety audits, traffic management plans and highway studies
- Experience in the application of planning and design standards from the City of Edmonton, Alberta Transportation, Transportation Association of Canada (TAC) and other jurisdictions
- Experience with traffic modelling and simulation software, including Synchro/SimTraffic
- Excellent communication; ability to thrive in a high-performance team environment
If this is the opportunity for you, apply now or visit www.mcelhanney.com/careers to apply online. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit www.mcelhanney.com.