About LEA Consulting Ltd.
LEA Consulting Ltd. (LEA), celebrating 65 years, is a reputable, well established employee-owned professional services firm comprised of engineers and planners. LEA provides consulting services for planning, design, and construction administration of Infrastructure, including Civil, Transportation, Transit, Structures and Infrastructure Systems projects.
Why join us?
- Our mindset is on the recruitment of like-minded high-performing individuals;
- We are employee-owned: about one-third of our employees are shareholders;
- We have an entrepreneurial spirit, engaging in stimulating projects with plenty of room for advancement and career growth;
- We have a work environment with flexible hours;
- We prioritize employee mentorship and training opportunities to reach your fullest potential;
- We balance work-life by unwinding with regular social events such as Golf Day, theatre, sporting events, canoeing and bowling to name a few;
- We offer a competitive total compensation package
LEA Consulting is currently seeking Transportation Professionals to join our dynamic Transportation Practice Area, in both, Markham and Downtown offices. We are looking for multiple professionals with 2-4 years of experience in Transportation Planning, Traffic Engineering, or Transportation Design, in the private or the public sector. Whether a registered Engineer-in-Training (EIT) or a Licensed Professional Engineer (P.Eng), whether a Registered Professional Planner or working their way towards it, we are interested to meet with people interested in Transportation.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Contribute to a variety of transportation engineering and transportation planning studies using a variety of tools including transportation modelling and design packages;
- Collect, analyze and interpret traffic data to assess traffic impact and contribute to planning strategies and sustainable transportation solutions;
- Undertake transit and traffic operational assessments and priority assessments;
- Undertake parking review and utilization studies;
- Maintain complete analysis of calculations records, statistical methods and projects reports;
- Participate in conducting site visits, undertaking research, data collection/field surveys, data summary, and documenting observations;
- Assist in preparation of proposals and technical reports;
- Other exciting transportation-related duties.
- Post-Secondary Engineering, Planning or related Engineering degree with 2 to 4 years of Transportation experience in one or more of the following; Planning, Analytics, Traffic Engineering, Design, and Modelling;
- Registered Engineer-in-Training (EIT) OR Licensed Professional Engineers (P.Eng) with Professional Engineers Ontario (PEO);
- Registered Professional Planner (RPP) with Ontario Professional Planners Institute (OPPI) OR working their way towards it;
- Strong command in one or more of the Transportation/ Design/ Modelling Software; Synchro, VISSIM, AutoCAD, Civil 3D and/or MicroStation;
- Strategic and process-oriented, prefers to operate in a fast and dynamic environment;
- Team player, able to prioritize with good organizational skills;
- Detail-oriented, and good problem-solving skills.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com