Website ISL Engineering and Land Services Ltd.
Are you a Transportation Design Technologist who enjoys crafting creative solutions to manage the evolving transportation challenges of our clients? Are you interested in working on a diverse range of projects where no two days are the same? If so, we want to hear from you!
A Little About Us
We are engineers, technologists, planners, landscape architects, scientists, and their support teams that work together to deliver infrastructure, minimizing environmental impact and maximizing benefit to the community. We work hard and play hard because that is what #ISLLIFE is all about! Check us out on Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
ISL’s Transportation Team works collaboratively so that our employees can flourish and focus on our client’s success. Committed to finding, mentoring, and growing the right individual, our team approach is integral to our success:
- Client centric – we are known for our creative approach to problems and provide our clients with innovative, cost effective and award-winning solutions
- Continuous improvement – we are never satisfied with the status quo and are always looking for creative ways to improve and get the job done
- Support – we trust our people and do not micromanage, but also give them the tools, resources and mentorship for individual and team success
- Fun and flexible office environment – we understand the dynamic nature of life, so we offer workplace flexibility to allow achievement of personal and team goals and have fun doing it
A Little About You
Your cover letter must demonstrate:
- Your desire to join ISL. If your skill set doesn’t match the job description, please explain to us why you are a good fit for our position and company!
- Your approach to problem solving and challenging the ideas of others
- How you balance the needs of internal and external clients and partners
Your resume should show us:
- Diploma in Civil Engineering or Engineering Design Technology with registration (or eligible for registration) as an AScT with ASTTBC
- 2+ years’ experience – title and compensation will reflect years of experience
- Proficiency with design software including AutoCAD, Auto Turn, Civil 3D
- Knowledge of TAC design guidelines and transportation design practices
Bonus points for:
- Experience on BC Ministry of Transportation projects and using the BC Supplement to TAC
- Knowledge of project lifecycle and deliverable requirements for multi-discipline transportation projects
- Construction experience and applying BC Ministry Construction specifications and /or MMCD standards
- 3+ years BC experience
A Little More About the Role
The successful applicant will have a get it done attitude, an ability and willingness to support projects at a technical level as required for project success.
- Support Design Manager on liaison with clients and project management tracking
- Fulfill the role of Transportation Design / Highway Design Technologist through the completion of highway and roadway designs for various types of rural and urban transportation projects of all sizes
- Collaborate with multi-discipline project teams and liaison with internal ISL disciplines address complex project problems and provide comprehensive project solutions
- Provide engineering design solutions to address project issues and constraints to achieve client project objectives
- Produce project construction cost estimates
- Support Engineer of Record’s during construction (field reviews, design clarifications) through to completion of post-construction drawing records and documentation.
- Support preparation of written material to document project work including memo’s, reports, plans, in a clear and concise manner.
- Work in accordance with Quality Management processes, ensure technical quality of deliverables, and ensure schedule milestones are achieved
- Develop, guide and mentor other ISLers