Website ISL Engineering and Land Services Ltd.
Are you a Junior Traffic and Road Safety Engineer who enjoys crafting creative solutions to manage the evolving transportation challenges of our clients? Do you enjoy the role of mentor and take pride in team success? Are you interested in working on a diverse range of projects where no two days are the same? If so, we want to hear from you!
A Little About Us
We are engineers, technologists, planners, landscape architects, scientists, and their support teams that work together to deliver infrastructure, minimizing environmental impact and maximizing benefit to the community. We work hard and play hard because that is what #ISLLIFE is all about! Check us out on Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
ISL’s Transportation Team works collaboratively so that our employees can flourish and focus on our client’s success. Committed to finding, mentoring, and growing the right individual, our team approach is integral to our success:
- Interesting Work – you can expect to be involved in a variety of projects working on the full project lifecycle
- Entrepreneurial – we are a group of passionate individuals who work independently and as part of a team. We take initiative, run with ideas, and collectively share in project success.
- Ongoing Development – we have a culture of mentorship and leverage both hands on and formal training opportunities to ensure that you have a versatile and diversified skillset. And did we mention, it is fully funded?
A Little About You
Your cover letter must demonstrate:
- Your approach to collaboration and teamwork
Your resume should show us:
- B.Sc. in Civil Engineering or Transportation related areas and eligible for registration as an E.I.T. with EGBC
- Proficiency with Microsoft Words/Excel, Synchro/SimTraffic, and AutoCAD
Bonus points for:
- Enrolment in or completions of courses related to transportation planning, traffic engineering and road safety
- Experience with SIDRA, VISSIM, AutoTURN, and/or HCS
- Experience with traffic counts and other traffic data collection surveys
- Attendance or presentations at transportation related professional events
A Little More About the Role
The ideal candidate will have strong communication and organization skills and will be a drive, flexible and enthusiastic team player. They will also be required to have and maintain a valid drivers license. While no two days will be the same, the successful candidate can expect:
- Working with a team of engineers, planners, and technicians to deliver excellence to our clients
- Completing transportation/traffic and road safety analysis using industry-standard methodologies and guidelines
- Organizing and conducting site visits and traffic surveys
- Preparing traffic related figures and graphics, as well as conceptual design drawings
- Providing technical support on transportation planning, traffic engineering and road safety studies and reports
- Other transportation engineering related tasks as assigned
To apply for this job please visit islengineering.com.