Website ISL Engineering and Land Services Ltd.
Are you an Intermediate Transportation Planning or Traffic Engineer who enjoys crafting creative solutions to manage the evolving transportation challenges of our clients? Do you enjoy the role of mentor and take pride in team success? Are you interested in working on a diverse range of projects where no two days are the same? If so, we want to hear from you!
A Little About Us
We are engineers, technologists, planners, landscape architects, scientists, and their support teams that work together to deliver infrastructure, minimizing environmental impact and maximizing benefit to the community. We work hard and play hard because that is what #ISLLIFE is all about! Check us out on Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
ISL’s Transportation Team works collaboratively so that our employees can flourish and focus on our client’s success. Committed to finding, mentoring, and growing the right individual, our team approach is integral to our success:
- Interesting Work – you can expect to be involved in a variety of projects working on the full project lifecycle
- Entrepreneurial – we are a group of passionate individuals who work independently and as part of a team. We take initiative, run with ideas, and collectively share in project success.
- Ongoing Development – we have a culture of mentorship and leverage both hands on and formal training opportunities to ensure that you have a versatile and diversified skillset. And did we mention, it is fully funded?
A Little About You
Your cover letter must demonstrate:
- Your approach to problem solving and challenging the ideas of others
- How you balance the needs of managing client expectations, mentoring, and securing future work
Your resume should show us:
- P.Eng. designation with registration or eligibility for registration in with APEGA
- 5+ years’ experience
- Knowledge and/or skills with HCS, Synchro, SimTraffic, SIDRA and VISSIM
- Application of ITE, TAC, AT and Urban traffic engineering solutions to diverse transportation problems
Bonus points for:
- Professional Traffic Operations Engineer (PTOE) or Professional Transportation Planner (PTP) designation
- Completion of Road Safety Audit
- Experience with Transportation Planning Studies, Transportation Master Plans and Transportation Strategies
- Completion of Traffic Operations Studies, Traffic Impact Assessments and/or Parking Studies.
- Experience on Alberta Transportation projects
- Experience with Civil 3D, AutoCAD, AutoTURN software
A Little More About the Role
The successful applicant will be exposed to the entire project lifecycle – from planning to concept through detailed design, tender, and construction services.
- Proposal writing, project cost estimating, and timely delivery of successful project proposals
- Project management of projects of all sizes, including scope, schedule, and budget
- Collaborate with multi-discipline project teams and liaison with internal ISL disciplines as well as external sub-consultants to address complex project problems and provide comprehensive project solutions
- Work in accordance with Quality Management processes, ensure technical quality of deliverables, and ensure schedule milestones are achieved
- Liaise with clients and ensure client satisfaction through effective design management
- Provide traffic engineering and road safety solutions to address project issues and constraints to achieve client project objectives
- Complete traffic engineering and conceptual designs for various types of transportation planning and design projects.
- Complete data collection and analysis to document existing conditions and determine future needs.
- Complete traffic impact assessments and parking reviews for various types of mixed-use developments
- Document preparation including memo’s, reports, plans, briefing materials and guidelines
- Develop, guide and mentor staff
- Business development through client meetings, conferences, mixers, and development of appropriate marketing materials
- Present project successes at conferences as well as attend industry technical committees
To apply for this job please visit islengineering.com.