Here’s How We Work:
We are currently seeking a Senior Transportation Engineer for our Vancouver office. This position will provide technical support and services to the Traffic Engineering / Transportation Planning team, helping define the cities of tomorrow.
Most of What You Will Be Doing:
- Traffic signal design, including preparing signal timing/ phasing plans.
- Traffic impact studies, including collecting transportation data, building and assessing traffic analysis models.
- Parking studies, including reviewing municipal policy, calculating parking utilization and demand rates, performing site visits, and formulating parking supply recommendations.
- Technical memo and report writing.
- Roadway conceptual/ functional designs, including preparing cross-sections and plan view drawings based on the study outcomes and project objectives.
- Assisting with preparing proposals, budgets and schedules.
- Coordination with other design disciplines, offices, and staff.
- Liaise with clients and the public.
- Design Master Construction Traffic Management Plans and Sub-Plans;
- Assist with implementing and managing the Master Construction Traffic Management Plans and Sub-Plans;
You’ll Need To Have:
- Bachelor’s degree or College diploma in Transportation Planning, Civil Engineering, or Engineering Technology with a focus on Transportation.
- 10+ or more years of experience that includes design Master Construction Traffic Management Plans and associated Sub-Plans (Traffic Control Plans, Traffic Advisory Sign Plans, Business Advisory Sign Plans, and Traffic Signal Records).
- Experience in managing small projects and studies would be welcome.
- Working knowledge of Synchro and AutoCAD software is required.
- Working knowledge of EMME, VISSIM, SIDRA would each be beneficial.
- Working knowledge of TAC/ BC/ Alberta / municipal geometric design standards is beneficial.
- Must possess a collaborative attitude in working with other members of a transportation team and sub consultants and contractors.
- Must be able to work independently with direction and supervision provided as needed based on the complexity of the assignment(s).
- Must demonstrate an ability to work within established timelines, and within project budgets.
- Must demonstrate strong communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Must have a working knowledge of the Microsoft Office applications, including the use of document templates, and be familiar with common document management systems and practices.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com