Traffic Operations and Safety Analyst
IBI Group is searching for an Intermediate Transportation Engineer/ Planner to join its growing Vancouver Mobility+ team. This position will provide technical support and services in Traffic Engineering and Transportation Planning to the infrastructure, buildings, and intelligence practices, helping define the cities of tomorrow.
We take pride in offering career growth and challenging opportunities within a global organization, solving today’s complex urban issues. Our Team supports a variety of working arrangements, including flexible work hours and hybrid/ remote working within Canada.
Most of the things you’ll work on:
- Traffic impact studies, building traffic analysis models, performing traffic analysis
- Traffic Demand Management plans
- Transportation planning studies, including problem definition, option evaluation, and development of recommendations
- Parking studies, including reviewing municipal policy, calculating parking utilization and demand rates, performing site visits, and formulating parking supply recommendations.
- Traffic management plans during construction
- Traffic signage and pavement marking plans
- Traffic signal timing and phasing plans
- Active transportation facilities planning and design
- Transit planning and design
- Road safety reviews
- Roadway conceptual/ functional designs.
- Business cases for transportation projects
- Technical memo and report writing.
- Assisting with preparing proposals, budgets, and schedules.
- Coordination with other design disciplines, offices, and staff
- Liaise with clients and the public.
- Bachelor’s degree or College diploma in Transportation Planning, Civil Engineering, or Engineering Technology with a focus on Transportation.
- Three or more years of experience that includes technical and business development experience in traffic engineering, transportation planning, and construction traffic management.
- Must possess a collaborative attitude in working with other members of a transportation team and sub consultants and contractors.
- Must be able to work independently with direction and supervision provided as needed based on the complexity of the assignment(s).
- Must demonstrate an ability to work within established timelines, and within project budgets.
- Must demonstrate strong communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Experience in managing small projects and studies would be welcome.
- Working knowledge of Synchro is required and experience with VISSIM would be an asset.
- Working knowledge of EMME, AUTOCAD, SIDRA, AIMSUN, Twopas software would each be beneficial.
- Working knowledge of TAC/ BC/ Alberta / municipal design standards is beneficial.
What we can offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Ability to work from home, from the office, or in a hybrid arrangement
- Working on key infrastructure projects across Canada with Inter-Disciplinary Teams.
- Opportunity to grow professionally within the Firm,
- Participation in industry associations,
- Financial support with professional fees, professional development, and continuing education.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are proud to support the growth and equality of our people through initiatives like our Mentorship Program, Global Women’s Network, and Diversity & Inclusion Council. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of age, race, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation. We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.