We are a global architecture, engineering, planning, and technology firm defining the cities of tomorrow.
By connecting design and technology, we change how people experience their built environment. We work across disciplines to create the intelligent systems, sustainable buildings, and efficient infrastructure that shapes the way people live, move, learn, and heal.
With over 3,000 employees and 60+ offices around the world, we understand what it takes to work locally and scale globally.
At IBI, we’re defining the cities of tomorrow.
Automobile trips begin and end with a parked vehicle. Parking is an essential part of defining the cities of tomorrow. The correct number of parking spaces, the right locations, the technology and connectivity to both users and vehicles, and key policies all play a part in developing strategic parking plans for cities and institutions. Working on these master plans, as well as parking bylaw reviews, are just some of the exciting opportunities that the Traffic Operations and Safety group can help provide with our Parking studies.
We are currently seeking a Parking Project professional for our North American team. This position will provide technical support, guidance and services to the Parking group as part of the Traffic Operations and Safety team. The ideal candidate must have the ability to work with both senior and junior staff within a multi-disciplinary team.
Most of the things you’ll work on:
- Function as a project engineer on parking projects with a focus on determining existing parking operations, calculating future parking supply and demand, running analysis to determine optimal payment price for parking, reviewing policies such as free on-street parking or residential permit parking programs, parking enforcement strategies, and many other interesting parking solutions;
- Prepare technical reports, memos, proposals, and documentation related to current or prospective projects;
- Determine schedule and budget, and actively monitor these elements, for new parking projects;
- Analyze, plan, and design solutions and policies for parking master plan problems;
- Coordinate with other design disciplines, offices, and staff;
- Liaise with clients and the public.
What You’ll Need To Have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Planning or other relevant post-secondary education
Professional Engineer or working towards achieving the P.Eng. designation preferred
- 4-12 years’ experience in traffic engineering, parking master plan studies, and/or parking justification studies
- Working knowledge of municipal bylaws, and how to read and interpret them
- Working knowledge of MTO and TAC geometric design standards
- Working knowledge of site planning and design vehicle accommodation using CAD applications (e.g., AutoCAD, Micro-Station)
- Experience with Python is an asset
- Working knowing of curbside management strategies and curbside users is also an asset
- Ability to communicate effectively, and produce technical reports, proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (e.g. strong analytical skills in MS Excel)
- Self-motivated, strategic, analytical and critical thinker
- Excellent analytic and decision-making skills, with a commitment to excellence and high quality work
Innovative and motivated individual willing to take initiative and interested in seeking solutions to complex problems
- Must possess a collaborative attitude in working with other members of the transportation team
For those interested in applying, please submit application via https://smrtr.io/5dxkG or visit our corporate website https://www.ibigroup.com/careers/
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com