Website Great Northern Engineering Consultants Inc.
Great Northern Engineering Consultants Inc is a progressive engineering consulting company specializing in the design of: Roadway Lighting, Traffic Systems, Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS), Fibre Optics, Power Distribution and PLC designs for water, letter, and other municipal systems. We have multiple offices in Western Canada.
At GNEC we believe that people are its greatest asset. We provide an environment for employees that enables them to perform to their highest potential, is respectful, and provides opportunities for their professional growth.
We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced individual to join our team as a Manager of Electrical Engineering. The ideal candidate will be comfortable with minimum supervision and be results driven. This role will be based out of our Burnaby office under the direction of the Business Unit Manager.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Technical leader on roadway and area lighting, traffic signals, ITS and fibre network design projects.
- Provide mentorship, direction and oversight to intermediate and junior engineers, technologists and designer/CAD staff.
- Review and perform quality control checks for drawings and deliverables.
- Review and sign off on design drawings, cost estimates and other technical documentation.
- Oversee the preparation of tender documents and specifications.
- Oversee the provision of construction services.
- Coordinate field reviews and the preparation of record drawings.
- Liaise with clients, project managers, and stakeholders as necessary.
- Perform project management functions including preparation of cost estimates, budgets, schedules, design reports, peer reviews.
- Keep abreast of best practices and the latest technology in the transportation industry.
- Prepare proposals and quotations.
- Undertake business development activities including marketing, attendance at conferences, seminars, etc.
- Perform other related tasks based on individual project or business requirements.
What You’ll Need:
- A degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited school.
- Certification as a Professional Engineer with EGBC.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience is required.
- Experience with the operation and design of street lighting, traffic control systems, ITS, and communication systems.
- Strong understanding of transportation electrical systems and engineering fundamentals.
- Working knowledge of analysis tools such as AGi32.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD Revit, MicroStation and Microsoft Office products Word, Excel, etc. is required.
- Ability to lead professionals, technical staff, and administrative personnel to deliver projects and services
- Ability to interact with a range of personalities and styles to establish effective relationships at all levels
- An adequate level of comfort to successfully undertake business development activities.
- Valid Class 5 Motor Vehicle Operator’s License
- Legally entitled to work in Canada.
- The candidate should be a self-starter, highly motivated and a team player with the ability to work on a variety of simultaneous goals and issues.
- Dental care
- RRSP Match
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Vacation & paid time off
- Wellness program
We offer competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Please email your resume outlining your qualifications and experience in confidence to: email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org