Website Government of Saskatchewan - Ministry of Highways
The Ministry of Highways, Network Planning and Investment Branch, is seeking a highly-motivated individual with excellent interpersonal and leadership skills to lead program delivery and refine existing policies as it relates to program management.
Reporting to the Director of Regional Planning and Development, the Senior Program Manager, Federal and Municipal Programs will provide leadership on the management of federal and municipal funding programs for the Ministry, including:
- Lead the delivery and management of the Ministry’s municipal funding programs, including project identification, prioritization, approval, agreement execution, annual budgeting, forecasting, and reporting;
- Develop and present options and recommendations for program changes for the Director of Regional Planning and Development and internal and external stakeholders;
- Identify, research and analyze complex infrastructure issues;
- Seek opportunities and lead application development and submission for new federal infrastructure program opportunities;
- Negotiate federal funding agreement and amendments
- Lead the oversight and management of the province’s responsibilities under federal infrastructure agreements, including ensuring provincial reporting requirements are being met;
- Support strategic initiatives related to infrastructure projects with partnering ministries and agencies; and
- Lead and manage staff.
Strong interpersonal and organizational skills are required to develop and maintain good working relationships with federal and municipal stakeholders, manage projects, collaborate, build consensus, and lead change. You must be a team player with a reputation for integrity and a focus on service excellence and innovation. You will possess excellent written and verbal communications skills to develop briefings/reports and present issues to executive management and stakeholders.
The candidate of choice will have a degree in public policy, economics, public or business administration, or a related discipline coupled with several years of relevant work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Travel throughout the province will occasionally be required.