Website Durham Region
Project Manager – Transportation Design
Reporting to the Manager of Transportation Design, the successful applicant will be responsible for planning, budgeting and completing the engineering design of various Regional road, bridge and storm drainage projects.
The incumbent will:
- Manage and oversee the planning and design of road related projects and improvements carried out by staff or consultants from inception to completion
- Supervise, develop and coach assigned staff
- Identify and monitor funding requirements and financial feasibility of projects
- Present information and answer questions at public and stakeholder meetings
- Respond to inquires and resolve concerns from the public and stakeholders
- Prepare committee/council reports and recommendations
- Participate on internal and external teams and/or committees in the development of transportation engineering design and construction practices
The successful applicant will possess:
- A Civil Engineering Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Licenced as a Professional Engineer with the Professional Engineers of Ontario
- Extensive related project management and engineering experience in the areas of functional planning and detailed design for municipal roads
- Knowledge of the Municipal Class Environmental Assessment, and familiarity with various other municipal, provincial, and federal acts, policies, and guidelines as they pertain to road related projects
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills, effective verbal, and written communication skills
- Computer proficiency using Microsoft Office programs
- A valid Ontario Class ‘G’ Driver’s Licence and the use of a reliable vehicle
Management & Exempt Salary Grade 7
- Salary: $102,258 to $127,823 per annum
External Application Process
Come find a home where exciting and rewarding careers are balanced with your lifestyle. We thank all applicants; however, only those being considered will be contacted. Please apply online (www.durham.ca) no later than midnight (Eastern Standard Time) on the closing date indicated on the Job Posting.
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.