Website City of Vaughan
CITIZENS FIRST THROUGH SERVICE EXCELLENCE
We have an exciting Full Time Non-Unionized opportunity in the Transportation Services, Parks & Forestry Operations Department for an experienced and motivated individual
Senior Traffic Technologist
(JOB # J0319-0228)
As one of Southern Ontario’s fastest growing cities, with its mix of urban and rural areas, Vaughan is an in-demand place to live and work. Vaughan is considered one of Canada’s most family friendly cities with a dynamic and diverse population of over 300,000. With one of the top performing economies, a growing tourism industry and an enviable portfolio of recreational and cultural venues, this is the place where you want to be.
Responsible for planning, implementing, co-ordinating and monitoring traffic engineering projects and programs including organizing and overseeing traffic operation studies, preparation of engineering designs, tenders/contracts, reports, traffic by-laws, City standards, etc. Reviewing and commenting on traffic issues and for overseeing the work and activities of assigned technical staff and contractors.
Qualifications and experience:
- Community College diploma in Civil Engineering Technology or suitable equivalent.
- Certified Engineering Technologist designation.
- Minimum of five (5) years municipal engineering experience including a minimum of three (3) years in detail design, development servicing or transportation/traffic engineering experience and one (1) year overseeing the work of others.
- Working knowledge of computer software applications and techniques in the areas of municipal servicing, project engineering, transportation planning/traffic engineering or project management.
- Ability to deal courteously and effectively with the public, staff and Council members.
- Competent worker as defined under The Health and Safety Act, Confined Space and other regulations in accordance with job responsibilities.
- Valid Ontario Class “G” drivers license in good standing and reliable vehicle to utilize on corporate business.
In addition to offering a competitive compensation package, we have a strong focus on health and wellness, including fitness facilities and family-focused benefits.
If you are an energetic person who is interested in bringing your knowledge and passion to the City of Vaughan, please visit our website to apply online by Thursday April 4, 2019.
Please note that only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
The City of Vaughan is committed to diversity and inclusivity in employment and welcomes applications from qualified individuals of diverse backgrounds. The City of Vaughan is also committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org