Website City of Vaughan
CITIZENS FIRST THROUGH SERVICE EXCELLENCE
We have an exciting Full Time Non-Unionized opportunity in the Transportation & Fleet Management Services Department for an experienced and motivated individual
Supervisor, Traffic Engineering
(JOB # J1119-0253)
As one of Southern Ontario’s fastest growing cities, with its mix of urban and rural areas, Vaughan is an in-demand place to live and work. Vaughan is considered one of Canada’s most family friendly cities with a dynamic and diverse population of over 300,000. With one of the top performing economies, a growing tourism industry and an enviable portfolio of recreational and cultural venues, this is the place where you want to be.
Responsible for overseeing traffic engineering, and operations projects, supervising the daily operations of the traffic engineering division of the Transportation and Fleet Management Services Department; responsible for the provision and maintenance of street lighting and traffic signals, preparation and monitoring of contracts/tenders and capital budgets including maintaining project schedules, liaising with external agencies and internal staff and evaluating and responding to traffic issues at various stages of projects. Responds to citizen inquiries.
Qualifications and experience:
- Community College Diploma in Civil Engineering Technology or suitable equivalent.
- Minimum of four (4) years progressively more responsible traffic engineering experience preferably in a municipal environment with a minimum of 1 year supervisory experience.
- Certified Engineering Technologist designation or suitable equivalent.
- Working knowledge of traffic engineering computer software and techniques such as the Highway Capacity Manual, HTA, Ontario Traffic Manuals, Ontario Geometric Design Guidelines, Traffic Signal Capacity Programs, etc. and be proficient in MS office.
- Certification in IMSA’s Roadway Lighting/Traffic Signals I and II programs would be an asset.
- Knowledge of relevant Federal/Provincial legislation and contract administration provisions/procedures pertaining to municipal engineering.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, negotiation, conflict resolution, project management, planning, problem solving, customer service, and analytical skills as well as good oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledgeable in applicable legislation, i.e. Occupational Health and Safety Act, Highway Traffic Act, Employment standards Act, etc.
- Valid Class “G” drivers’ license in good standing, and reliable vehicle to utilize on corporate business.
- Ability to work outside of normal working hours, as required.
- Knowledge of, and demonstrated ability in the City’s core and leadership competencies and relevant functional competencies
In addition to offering a competitive compensation package, we have a strong focus on health and wellness, including fitness facilities and family-focused benefits.
If you are an energetic person who is interested in bringing your knowledge and passion to the City of Vaughan, please click here to apply online by Thursday December 26, 2019.
Please note that only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
The City of Vaughan is committed to diversity and inclusivity in employment and welcomes applications from qualified individuals of diverse backgrounds. The City of Vaughan is also committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
To apply for this job please visit cityofvaughan.njoyn.com.