Website City of Vaughan
CITIZENS FIRST THROUGH SERVICE EXCELLENCE
We have two exciting Temporary Non-Unionized opportunities in the Infrastructure Planning & Corporate Asset Management Department & Development Planning Department for an experienced and motivated individual
Project Manager – Yonge Subway Extension
(JOB # J0819-0157)
As one of Southern Ontario’s fastest growing cities, with its mix of urban and rural areas, Vaughan is an in-demand place to live and work. Vaughan is considered one of Canada’s most family friendly cities with a dynamic and diverse population of over 300,000. With one of the top performing economies, a growing tourism industry and an enviable portfolio of recreational and cultural venues, this is the place where you want to be.
These two (2) contract positions (ending March 31, 2020) will provide the lead support to the Yonge Subway Extension (YSE) project team, on behalf of the City of Vaughan. One position will reside within the Infrastructure Planning and Corporate Asset Management Department, focusing on engineering and infrastructure related matters. The second position will reside within the Development Planning Department, with a focus on planning and urban design.
Qualifications and experience:
- Successful completion of a University degree in Civil Engineering, Applied Science or Planning from an accredited university or suitable equivalent.
- A Professional Engineer (P.Eng.), in good standing with the Professional Engineers of Ontario (PEO) or Full Membership in the Canadian Institute of Planners (MCIP) and full member of the Ontario Professional Planners Institute (OPPI).
- Possess a minimum of five (5) years’ experience in various aspects of transportation planning, transit and road infrastructure, with demonstrated commitment to quality and process as well as complex project experience.
- Certification as a Project Manager Professional (PMP) through the Project Management Institute an asset.
- Working knowledge of traffic and transportation engineering and design principles and applications.
- Thorough knowledge of the Ontario Environmental Assessment Act and capital budgeting; including progressive experience in planning, design and management of capital projects.
- Demonstrated superior organizational and project management skills to lead a project or work group, organize numerous tasks, set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated comprehensive knowledge of transportation planning principles, concepts, practices, methods and legislation, GTA context and roles of different levels of government.
- Computer literacy utilizing MS Office software applications as well as proficiency with specialized software applications and techniques relevant to the technical specialty.
- Exceptional interpersonal, organizational and analytical skills; excellent oral and written communication skills on technical and non-technical matters. Ability to deal courteously and effectively with the Public, Staff, Members of Council, Consultants and the Development Industry.
- Knowledge of and demonstrated ability in the City’s core competencies and functional core competencies.
- Valid Class “G” Ontario driver’s license in good standing with a reliable vehicle when required, to utilize on City business.
- Ability to work outside normal business hours, as required.
In addition to offering a competitive compensation package, we have a strong focus on health and wellness, including fitness facilities and family-focused benefits.
If you are an energetic person who is interested in bringing your knowledge and passion to the City of Vaughan, please visit our website to apply online by Friday August 23, 2019.
Please note that only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
The City of Vaughan is committed to diversity and inclusivity in employment and welcomes applications from qualified individuals of diverse backgrounds. The City of Vaughan is also committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.