Website City of Spruce Grove
The City of Spruce Grove is a fast growing, dynamic city committ
Competition number: RC 2018 0006
Department: Planning and Infrastructure
Section: Environment and Transit
Close Date: February 13, 2018
Salary Range: $ 74,800 – $92,400 per year
The City of Spruce Grove is a fast growing, dynamic city committed to building and maintaining a fiscally responsible community that serves our residents, attracts visitors and promotes future growth. Through the actions of the Values We Live By, accountability, communication, leadership, integrity and respect are encouraged, while maintaining a work, play balance.
This exciting new position is responsible for the development, administration and coordination of short and long term transit plans, service level evaluations, route planning studies and transit marketing research. You will also play a lead role in overseeing the negotiation and maintenance of partnership agreements.
– Grants and contract administration.
– Promote transit use through the implementation, monitoring and ongoing updating of transit strategy, policies, procedures and bylaws.
– Review and append schedules, analyze fares and revenue and recommend fare adjustments.
– Develop optimum schedule times and routes.
– Negotiate, review and manage contracts with Edmonton Transit and other regional partners.
– Collaborate with city departments or service providers to maintain bus stop maintenance standards.
– Review, prepare and report transit administrative recommendations.
– Compile and analyze industry related statistics.
– Provide on-going marketing information to users, regional partners and interest groups.
– Inspect city transit stops and buses and review transit performance by riding transit routes on occasion.
– Conduct annual rider surveys to determine satisfaction of service and methods to improve and build service.
– Perform analysis of operating costs and revenue.
Transit Strategic Planning
– Participate in the procurement process of buses.
– Work with other department and regional partners on the implementation of the expansion.
– Research and provide supporting information related to park and ride design, roadway construction standards, placement of stops.
– Provide communications related to expansion.
– Review and plan the introduction of new routes.
– Responsible for long term and strategic planning for transit.
– Establish and manage operational and capital budgets.
– Ensure functional service design and administrative capabilities are in place for the city to implement and sustain a transit system.
– Review and adjust plans based upon associated projects, public input and council approval.
– Research current transit technology and operational strategies.
– Post secondary Diploma two (2) years in Civil Engineering Technology or equivalent or Degree in municipal or regional transit planning and management.
– Minimum six (6) to eight (8) years developing major transit projects, programs, and policy preferably within a municipal setting.
– Project Management Certificate or designation an asset.
Visit our website at www.sprucegrove.org for more information and to apply online.