Website City of Richmond Hill
Job Title: Project Manager Transportation Planning
Posting ID: 620
Department: Planning and Infrastructure Department
Division: Development Engineering
Job Grade: Admin Grade 07
Rate of Pay: $108,567.00 – $125,930.00
Job Type: Full Time
Replacement/New Position: Replacement
Posting Type: Internal and External
Posting Date: 02/23/2021
Application Deadline: 03/19/2021
Project Manager Transportation Planning
The Project Manager Transportation Planning is responsible to lead and support the delivery of various capital transportation planning and traffic engineering projects. The role includes project initiation, planning, management and delivery of projects such as the City’s Transportation Master Plan, Environmental Assessments and Preliminary Designs for Transportation Infrastructure, Transportation Development Charges Background Studies, the City’s Parking and TDM Strategy, and Transportation Studies to support the development of the City’s Official Plan and Secondary Plans.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
· Lead Transportation Master Plan Updates and Transportation Development Charges Background Study Updates in support of Official Plan Updates and Development Charges By-law updates Transportation Master Plan Updates includes updates to key policies, programs and initiatives as well as updates to the Roads, Active Transportation and Recreational Trails networks
· Manage Area Transportation Studies to develop transportation policies, identify required infrastructure and transportation demand management plans in support of the City’s Official Plan, Secondary Plans, Tertiary Plans, or Infill Studies
· Lead Environmental Assessments and preliminary design for transportation capital projects from the TMP Update and 10-Year Capital Forecast
· Engage with internal and external stakeholders to establish project scope, requirements and alignment with City policies and by-laws
· Coordinate with staff to collect pertinent data and background information such as traffic and active transportation data, as-built drawings, topographic surveys, sites plans and subdivisions
· Lead a multi-disciplinary project team of external consultants and consult with internal departments to ensure projects completed on time and within scope/budget
· Review reports, policies, plans, maps and technical analysis to ensure the project meets requirements
· Liaise with federal/provincial/regional/municipal and other external agencies in developing project approaches
· Coordinate public consultation; collect feedback from internal and external stakeholders.
· Prepare staff reports and deliver presentations
· Ensure all required regulatory approvals are obtained from appropriate governing bodies
· Develop Terms of Reference for capital projects and coordinate with Finance staff on the procurement process
· Management of consultants to ensure projects are delivered within scope, time, budget
· Review invoicing from consultants and contractors in accordance with the financial control by-law and the Project Management Methodology
· Manage and procure the Transportation Roster of Consultants
· Work closely with Design & Construction on detailed design of transportation infrastructure by providing technical expertise, comments on design drawings, transportation and traffic reports, etc.
· Coordinate with appropriate transportation staff to provide active transportation and transportation demand management projects.- Research and stay up to date on transportation industry development with respect to emerging technologies
· Assist with the writing of staff reports and presentations for senior management and Council
· Receive resident complains, investigate issues with site visits and data analysis on an as needed basis
· Oversee tasks and activities assigned to Transportation Interns for support of section programs and projects
· Coordinate City transportation capital projects with neighbouring municipalities, York Region, Province, Metrolinx and other external agencies to receive feedback
· Sit on Technical Advisory Committees and other project committees for external transportation projects and coordinate with City Departments for comments
Education and Experience
· Degree in Civil Engineering, with specialization in Transportation Planning, Transportation Engineering or related discipline
· P. Eng. designation
· PMP designation, Member of ITE is an asset
· 7 years of directly related experience
· Prior experience in a municipal environment is an asset
· Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, Purchase Tracker, Adobe Acrobat, AutoCAD, Synchro, Emme, Aimsun, Vissim, ArcMap, GPS/GIS software, etc.
· Sound technical knowledge and skills
· Project planning and management skills
· Analytical and problem solving skills
· Conflict resolution and negotiation skills
· Experience in Transportation Planning and Traffic Engineering projects such as Transportation Master Plans, Area Transportation Studies, Environmental Assessments and Preliminary Designs and Parking Studies.
· Must be willing and able to transport yourself to City work sites as required (mileage compensated).
· Demonstrates personal leadership
· Builds people and culture
· Cultivates open communication
· Shapes the future
· Navigates and leads through complexity and change
The City of Richmond Hill is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. If contacted to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise Human Resources if you require an accommodation.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.richmondhill.ca.