Website City of Hamilton
Traffic Signal Specialist
Are you a qualified Construction and Maintenance Electrician, prepared to work outdoors in all seasons and skilled in installing and troubleshooting equipment? If so, this role with the City of Hamilton is for you.
Reporting to the Traffic Signal Supervisor, you will be responsible for the installation, maintenance, testing and repair of a variety of electronic traffic control devices and equipment. Your duties will include installing, maintaining and repairing overhead and underground wiring, signal heads, poles, vehicle detection, cabinets, and controllers. As a Traffic Signal Specialist, you will be expected to operate an aerial bucket truck and respond to trouble calls during normal business hours and while on stand-by.
Your qualifications as a Traffic Signal Specialist include:
· A valid Certificate of Qualification as a Construction and Maintenance Electrician under the Ontario College of Trades and Apprenticeship Act, 309A and/or 442.
· Ability to work in all outdoor environments and seasons.
· Ability to climb into and out of aerial buckets with a maximum lifting capacity of 300 lbs and operate from aerial devices at heights ranging from 3 to 10 metres.
· Experience installing, maintaining, troubleshooting and repairing analog and digital equipment as well as installing and maintaining 120 VAC field wiring and connections.
· Previous experience with the installation and maintenance of electronic traffic control equipment, an asset.
Certification with IMSA, an asset.
· Must possess a valid Ontario Class “G” driver’s licence and a point-free driving record and/or a record found to be satisfactory to the City of Hamilton. Applicants with a “DZ” driver’s licence will be preferred.
· All applicants must be capable of obtaining and maintaining a “DZ” licence in order to continue employment in this position. Said licence must be obtained within 90 calendar days of hire.
This CUPE Local 5167 Inside permanent, full-time position offers a wage range of $33.415 to $37.972 per hour (based on a 38.75‑hour work week schedule).
Hamilton. A city of progress.
At the City of Hamilton, our vision is “to be the best place to raise a child and age successfully.” With our rich history, culturally strong and diverse communities, blend of urban and rural attractions, and ideal location in the heart of the Golden Horseshoe, Hamilton is a vibrant community of neighbours. We are also a leading employer, with many opportunities to grow and excel. We invite you to share in our vision as part of the Roads and Traffic Division in the Public Works Department.
For full details and to apply
If you are interested in working alongside a dedicated team that’s contributing to the well-being of Hamilton’s residents, please visit www.hamilton.ca/careers for details on this Traffic Signal Specialist position, JOB ID #13714, and to apply online, by Wednesday, March 14, 2018.
The City is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.
The City of Hamilton values the diversity of our workforce and the knowledge of our people. We thank all who have applied; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.