Website City of Hamilton
Permanent, full-time opportunity – Hamilton, ON
Are you an experienced Project Manager, with a commitment to results and continuous improvement, supported by a demonstrated record of project management? If so, this is a unique opportunity to make your mark and foster change within Municipal Parking at the City of Hamilton.
Reporting to the Senior Project Manager, Parking Operations, you’ll co-ordinate the implementation of various projects related to new infrastructure/programs and the rehabilitation of our existing facilities within Municipal Parking. In this role, you’ll draw upon your successful experience in executing projects both on-time and on-budget, with the right blend of technical knowledge and an ability to collaborate with others, as well as manage and overcome project challenges.
Keeping current with changing legislation, regulations and trends in the profession, you’ll be well prepared to provide leadership in a team environment focused on meeting the City’s responsibilities as a leader and steward in the delivery of on-street and off-street parking programs to the public.
If this sounds like your ideal job, and you have what it takes to deliver on expectations, keep reading.
The following profile makes you uniquely qualified for the role of Project Manager – New Initiatives:
- Proven knowledge of the principles, theories and practices of Civil Engineering normally acquired by attaining a three-year Civil Engineering Technology diploma or an equivalent combination of education and related work experience.
- Experience in a Transportation Design and Construction or Planning environment, and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of civil infrastructure, parking operations, capital projects, asset management and development planning, an asset.
- Ability to deal diplomatically with all levels of management, staff, elected officials and the public.
- A proven record of leadership and guidance, technical competence, customer focus, innovation and creativity, team advocacy, and commitment to results, with the ability to provide technical direction to consultants/contractors/subcontractors.
- Highly effective leadership, facilitation, communication, presentation, interpersonal, project management and organizational skills.
- Experience in directing and supervising project teams.
- Demonstrated consulting skills and knowledge, including analysis, planning, project management and financial skills, including budgeting, analysis and forecasting.
- Working knowledge of, and skill with, computers in a Windows environment utilizing MS Office software.
- Knowledge of software related to Asset
- Management and/or databases, an asset.
- Knowledge of statutes, regulations and by-laws related to the parking industry (i.e. Occupational
- Health and Safety Act, Ontario Highway Traffic Act, Planning Act, Municipal Act, and relevant municipal statutes).
- A valid Class “G” Driver’s Licence.
This permanent, full-time position offers a wage range of $44.057 to $51.526 per hour (based on a 35-hour work week schedule).
About the City of Hamilton
Contribute to the City of Hamilton, one of Canada’s largest cities – home to a diverse and strong economy, an active and inclusive community, a robust cultural and dining scene, hundreds of kilometres of hiking trails and natural beauty just minutes from the downtown core, and so much more. Join our diverse team of talented and ambitious staff who embody our values of sensational service, courageous change, steadfast integrity, collective ownership and being engaged, empowered employees. Help us #BeTheReason the entire country is talking about Hamilton, and achieve our vision of being the best place to raise a child and age successfully.
For full details and to apply
If you are interested in working alongside a dedicated team that’s contributing to the well-being of Hamilton’s residents, please visit www.hamilton.ca/careers for details on this position as Project Manager – New Initiatives, JOB ID #17430, and to apply online, by Wednesday, June 30, 2021.
The City is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.
The City of Hamilton values the diversity of our workforce and the knowledge of our people. We thank all who have applied; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit www.hamilton.ca.