Website City of Hamilton
Director of Roads and Traffic
A key mandate in the City of Hamilton for a results-oriented senior manager – ideally an Engineer specializing in Roads and Traffic Engineering – with a track record of visionary leadership and big-picture thinking.
Reporting to the General Manager of Public Works, and overseeing a dynamic management team, you will provide strategic leadership to a multi-functional workforce engaged in the delivery of services to City Council, the public and internal clients. As Director, you will assume lead accountability and responsibility for the Roads and Traffic Division, recommending specific service delivery policies and long-range strategies to meet mandated goals and objectives, as well as the needs of Council, staff, the public, residents and businesses of the City of Hamilton.
Your qualifications as Director of Roads and Traffic include:
· A post-secondary education in an Engineering-related discipline, with specialty in Roads, and Traffic Engineering and operations.
· Extensive senior management experience, preferably in a municipal environment.
· Progressively responsible experience in the application of Engineering theories, practices and trends to manage large contracts and projects, including reviewing, approving and implementing work plans and project budgets.
· Highly developed analytical and business planning skills, with a proven track record for long-term visioning and big-picture thinking.
· A demonstrated record of strong leadership and guidance, team advocacy, staff delegation, empowerment, staff development and results orientation.
· Highly developed ability to articulate a vision, to lead and inspire others.
· Demonstrated experience to effectively manage a large multi-disciplinary team of technical and professional staff, preferably in a unionized environment.
· Demonstrated financial management skills in developing, implementing and monitoring operational and capital budgets.
· Must possess and maintain a Class “G” Driver’s Licence valid in the Province of Ontario and provide a personal vehicle for use on the job.
This permanent, full-time position offers a salary range of $136,394.44 to $174,612.62 per annum (based on a 35-hour work week schedule).
Hamilton. A city of progress.
At the City of Hamilton, our vision is “to be the best place to raise a child and age successfully.” With our rich history, culturally strong and diverse communities, blend of urban and rural attractions, and ideal location in the heart of the Golden Horseshoe, Hamilton is a vibrant community of neighbours. We are also a leading employer, with many opportunities to grow and excel. We invite you to share in our vision as part of the Roads and Traffic Division in the Public Works Department.
For full details and to apply
If you are interested in working alongside a dedicated team that’s contributing to the well-being of Hamilton’s residents, please visit www.hamilton.ca/careers for details on this position as Director of Roads and Traffic, Job ID #13673, and to apply online, by Thursday, March 15, 2018.
The City is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.
The City of Hamilton values the diversity of our workforce and the knowledge of our people. We thank all who have applied; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.