Website City of Brantford
Reporting to the Manager of Infrastructure Planning, the Senior Project Manager of Transportation is responsible for leading and supporting the delivery of various capital transportation planning and traffic engineering projects from the City of Brantford s Transportation Master Plan.
The role includes:
- Leading Environmental Assessments, City parking, TDM and TSM strategy and preliminary design for transportation capital projects including engagement with internal and external stakeholders to establish project scope requirements and alignment with City policies and bylaws;
- Coordinating public consultation, with neighboring municipalities and provincial agencies to receive feedback on City transportation capital projects ensuring all required regulatory approvals are obtained from appropriate governing bodies;
- Participating on Technical Advisory Committees and provide technical analysis for other capital projects and programs including active transportation, transit transportation demand management and traffic system management projects;
- Representing the City on inter-regional Transportation issues and studies that provide transportation characteristics to assist in maintaining the City’ s Travel Demand Forecasting Model;
- Reviewing and preparing staff reports and presentations for senior management and City Council;
- Managing project consultants and the delivery of project deliverables within scope, schedule and budget;
- Working closely with the other divisions within Engineering Services including the Design and Construction division and Development Engineering on the review of transportation projects by providing comments and technical expertise;
- Liaising with other Departments in Public Works, including Operational Services and Brantford Transit on the implementation and operations of transportation projects;
- Representing the City.
This is a temporary position anticipated to last up to 18 months.
Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Planning or equivalent from a recognized university program is preferred or a three (3) year community college diploma in Transportation Engineering Technology or related field with a Certified Engineering Technologist (C.E.T.) designation
- Eligible for Professional Engineer (P.Eng.), Registered Professional Planner (RPP), and/or Project Management Professional (PMP) designation will be considered an asset
- Demonstrated experiences from leading multi-disciplined teams, completing projects with varying complexities, and managing demands and priorities
Strong verbal, written, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Have more than five (5) years of progressive experience from transportation planning, geometric design, and/or project implementation involving roads, cycling, or transit infrastructures in accordance with the Municipal Class Environmental Assessment process,
- Familiar with the planning process, design specifications, traffic operations, complete street principles, and tangible practices from utilities and service connections
- Proficient in preparing proposals, contracts, work plans, and budgets
- Ability to coordinate contractors, consultants and staff effectively to meet deadlines
- Knowledge of the Highway Traffic Act, Planning Act, Occupational Health and Safety Act, the Ontario Provincial Standard Specifications, Work Zone Safety and other applicable legislations and specifications
- Experienced in computer applications including MS Office, MS Project, and AutoCAD
- Possess a valid Class ‘G’ driver’s license in good standing during the course of employment
Please apply for this job online at: https://www.brantford.ca/en/your-government/job-profile.aspx?jobID=1253&jobType=full-time
Qualified candidates please attach one PDF formatted resume & cover letter.
Information gathered relative to this position will only be used for candidate selection.
We thank each applicant for taking the time and effort to submit your resume, however, only candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
The City of Brantford is committed to diversity and inclusivity in our employment practices. We promote the independence, dignity, integration, and equality of opportunity with persons with disabilities by ensuring the accessibility of our facilities and services. Accommodations, including alternative formats, are available for all parts of the recruitment and selection process. For more information or to request an accommodation please contact the Human Resources Department at 519-759-4150.