Website City of Brantford
Reporting to the Manager of Design and Construction, Engineering Services, the Project Coordinator is a part of a dynamic team of professionals under the leadership of the Construction Supervisor and is primarily responsible for the project management of small to large complex municipal infrastructure, in-house capital projects (roads related, sanitary and storm sewer and watermains) and services procured through consultants. The Project Coordinator is expected to develop and manage request for proposals/quotes, service contracts, tender contract documents, cost estimates, assist with and develop designs and contract administration inclusive of site meetings, preparation of payment certificates, and liaison with consultants, contractors and residents throughout the duration of the capital projects. Other responsibilities include facilitation of the Brantford Utility Coordination Committee, review utility design submitted for Municipal Consent and provide conditions for approval, facilitation of the Design and Construction review panel and approved products, communication and coordination with regulatory authorities, and other duties as assigned.
– A three (3) year community college diploma as a Civil Engineering Technologist or equivalent education
– A minimum of two (2) to three (3) years of experience in Civil Engineering; Three (3) years of progressive experience in the design and project management of linear municipal infrastructure (watermains, sanitary and storm sewers and roads related) will be considered an asset
– Working knowledge and practical experience of municipal engineering design and associated engineering standards and procedures
– Membership in OACETT as a Certified Engineering Technologist (CET). (Eligibility for certification may be considered).
– Project Management Professional (PMP) designation would be considered an asset
– Sound knowledge of AutoCAD Civil 3D, Microsoft Office and GIS applications.
– Familiar with the Ontario Health and Safety Act , (OHSA), Ontario Provincial Standards, Specifications & Drawings (OPSS, OPSD), Transportation Association of Canada (TAC) and local and provincial legislation, policies and regulations
– Strong project management skills, with the ability to manage multiple and changing demands and priorities
– Strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills are essential to function effectively in a team environment and independently
– A valid Class G license in good standing with access to a personal vehicle
Qualified candidates please attach one PDF formatted resume & cover letter.
Interested applicants are kindly asked to apply online at: https://www.brantford.ca/en/your-government/careers.aspx
Information gathered relative to this position will only be used for candidate selection.
We thank each applicant for taking the time and effort to submit your resume, however, only candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
The City of Brantford is committed to diversity and inclusivity in our employment practices. We promote the independence, dignity, integration, and equality of opportunity with persons with disabilities by ensuring the accessibility of our facilities and services. Accommodations, including alternative formats, are available for all parts of the recruitment and selection process. For more information or to request an accommodation please contact the Human Resources Department at 519-759-4150.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com