Welcome to a place that always puts people first.
Welcome to people who like people, to brilliant minds, tomorrow’s visionaries, challenge seekers, collaborators, and those with an entrepreneurial spirit in their DNA.
At CIMA+ you’ll find a place where everyone’s ideas and perspectives are welcomed and encouraged, a place where you’ll have many opportunities to learn and develop while working on projects that rally our team together, where you can proudly become a company shareholder.
At CIMA+, we give you the freedom and flexibility to manage your work on your own terms and define what work-life balance means to you.
At the end of the day, we’re proud to be able to say that when you join CIMA+, we’ll welcome you into a place that you can call home.
CIMA+ has an immediate opening for an Intermediate to Senior Transportation Planner/Project Manager to join our team in either Edmonton or Calgary.
We seek an individual who wants to be challenged and is ready to join a dynamic, well established, multidisciplinary, Canadian engineering firm. CIMA+ has expanded operations into Western Canada over the past 10 years and now have both an enviable reputation and workload.
This role will initially focus on transportation planning for rural highways, ultimately leading to a wide range of transportation planning assignments for both private and public sector clients. The favoured candidate will develop new projects and client bases from their existing network and experience.
We have industry-leading professionals and mentors who have built a culture that fosters the growth of future leaders. We take great care in developing our people and offer positive, friendly, and rewarding work for them. CIMA+ is an employee-owned firm and all employees are eligible to purchase shares on annual basis. For talented individuals that excel in a growing environment, a career at CIMA+ can lead to partnership and increased shareholding opportunities.
- In collaboration with CIMA+’s senior planning team, lead transportation planning studies from project inception through to development and evaluation of alternatives, and to delivery of the functional plans and preliminary designs.
- Conduct a range of transportation planning studies including needs assessments, road network and corridor reviews, corridor management and master plans, access management and functional plans.
- Undertake benefit-cost analyses, multiple account evaluation and the preparation of business cases.
- Supervise transportation planning/engineering components, including guidance of technical staff, technical reviews, and problem-solving.
- Working in a multi-disciplinary team environment including coordinating sub-consultant disciplines.
- Liaise with clients, partners, municipal representatives, and other project stakeholders to ensure strong working relationships.
- Technical report writing, including preparation of public documents and participation at public meetings
- Manage project budgets, schedules and resources to properly execute projects meeting client requirements.
- Maintain existing business relationships and build new ones, including proposal writing.
- A university degree in Civil Engineering, combined with at least 10 years of relevant experience.
- Licenced member of the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Alberta (APEGA), or eligible for registration through Inter-Provincial Mobility Application with APEGA. Professional
- Transportation Planner (PTP) or similar qualifications although not necessary would be considered an asset.
- Ability to travel for client meetings and interaction, to project sites and to other CIMA offices for collaboration efforts (when COVID restrictions allow).
- Recognized experience and knowledge of functional planning, concepts and principles for Alberta Transportation and major cities.
- Broad knowledge of transportation and long-range planning to support project development and studies in a collaborative manner.
- Research capabilities and analytical skills to support provincial, regional and urban transportation initiatives. Including the ability to effectively present complex information to internal staff, key stakeholders, and management.
- Effective decision making and problem-solving skills central to reviewing and resolving issues from the project and/or the team.
- Strong relationship management skills to ensure the interests of CIMA+ are effectively linked with various external agencies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to provide clients and internal stakeholders with high quality advice, recommendations, and information. Strong proposal writing and strategy development are also considered key skills.
- Strong organizational skills which will balance the management and delivery of multiple projects with ambitious timelines while also performing as a key resource for various needs and issues that may arise.
- Familiarity with Alberta Transportation and TAC geometric design standards, experience with AutoCAD, Civil 3D and/or InRoads/OpenRoads, Microstation and the ability to develop functional designs, will be considered a strong asset.
Ethics and integrity are fundamental values at CIMA+, and we are looking for people who uphold these principles. We are committed to creating opportunities for all our talents to contribute to the firm’s success, develop and grow, regardless of cultural or other differences. We fully endorse employment equity principles and encourage women, visible minorities, indigenous people, and individuals with disabilities to apply for any position offered at CIMA+. Adaptation measures are provided upon request to facilitate participation in the recruitment process.
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.