Land development engineering, from the ground up
Project Manager, Transportation Planning
C.F. Crozier & Associates Inc. (Crozier) is a consulting engineering firm specializing in private sector land development since 2004. Crozier engineers, designers, and technicians work on a variety of projects in commercial, industrial, residential, and recreational developments in areas that span the GTA, Georgian Bay, and across Ontario. Our team is as diverse as our client roster, with expertise in civil, water resources, transportation, structural, mechanical, electrical, and hydrogeological engineering, as well as landscape architecture.
Crozier is looking for a Transportation Engineer to join our Transportation Services group as a Project Manager. In this role you will oversee the analysis and preparation of Transportation Studies, Parking Studies, Transportation Demand Studies while liaising with clients, planners and review agencies.
- Manage the preparation of detailed traffic modelling, designs and studies for a wide variety of residential, commercial and transportation projects considering active transportation as well as vehicular traffic.
- Participate on various project teams to identify issues and mitigative measures to satisfy approval requirements, assisting our clients in advancing projects toward completion.
- Identify and provide transportation engineering design and planning solutions with multi-modal considerations to meet the needs of all road users.
- Develop and utilize knowledge of requirements of reviewing agencies such as Ministry of Transportation of Ontario (MTO) and municipal authorities.
- Review and finalize technical reports and design briefs to summarize analyses.
- Work within other civil engineering specialties to gain knowledge of all facets of land development engineering.
- Manage all aspects of projects to achieve the client’s goals, including schedule, budget, and quality objectives through the application of formal project management processes.
- Collaborate with internal and external team members to deliver multi-disciplinary projects through preliminary and detail designs for our clients.
- Provide team leadership to support the growth of our Transportation Services group.
- Take responsibility for the entire project process from the proposal through preparation of reports.
- Cultivate strong client relations; liaise with professional colleagues and municipal/agency staff to move projects forward.
- Coordinate with client, municipalities, agencies, subconsultants and all internal disciplines involved in the project.
- Deliver projects within budget and in accordance with QA/QC procedures.
- Supervise, direct and support/mentor junior staff.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Licenced Professional Engineer with a minimum of 6 years experience.
- Registered as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) in Ontario.
- Experience in preparation and analysis of transportation studies such as Traffic Impact Studies, Parking Studies, Transportation Demand Management Plans, etc.
- Client focused with the ability to cultivate and nurture relationships.
- Project management experience in a consulting engineering environment.
- Dynamic, resourceful team motivator with proven track record in mentoring and leading teams.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to prioritize/manage multiple project timelines.
Crozier is a company where our clients, community partners, employees and their families are truly part of our family. Our workplace celebrates the good life, while working hard to help design and engineer communities of the future.
We’re passionate about what we do, so it’s easy to be up for the challenge even when deadlines loom. We work hard, but always find time for fun and community involvement.
Competitive Salary and Benefits: We offer competitive salaries and health benefits, as well as RRSP contribution plans, fitness allowance, Crozier Days, and Parental Leave Top Up.
Conveniently Located: With offices in Collingwood, Milton, Bradford and downtown Toronto, we enjoy easy commutes and are always close to our favourite places.
Teams that play together, stay together: We frequently have after-hours get-togethers, participate in community events, or play sports. We’re always up for a friendly competition amongst friends, family and co-workers.
Community involvement: We grow together, through shared experiences. We encourage involvement in the community and support our local communities with initiatives, events and sponsorships.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Crozier, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Crozier is committed to providing equal opportunity to candidates of all abilities. Should you need assistance at any point during the recruitment process please contact Human Resources.
To apply for this job please visit www.cfcrozier.ca.