Land development engineering, from the ground up
Crozier is a consulting engineering firm specializing in private sector land development since 2004. Crozier engineers, designers and technicians work on a variety of projects in commercial, industrial, residential and recreational developments. Our projects span the GTA, Georgian Bay and across Ontario. With expertise in civil, water resources, transportation, structural, mechanical, electrical, and hydrogeological engineering, along with Landscape Architecture services, our team is as diverse as our client roster – and we would love for you to join us.
We are seeking an Engineering Technologist or Technician with a minimum 5 to 7 years experience in Road Design for our Collingwood office.
- Collaborate with Project Managers and Project Engineers to identify complete design requirements
- Produce functional and detailed engineering drawings including plan and profile, removals, pavement markings and cross section drawings for road construction and widening using Civil 3D
- Complete design of new roads, upgrades/modifications to existing roads, intersections and associated drainage infrastructure
- Prepare traffic signal drawings in conjunction with our electrical group
- Prepare supporting documentation such as cost estimates, design briefs, and comment response
- Provide QA/QC for in-progress and completed designs
- Assist with redlines/revisions for in-progress and completed designs
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of current Provincial and Municipal engineering standards
- Coordinate with clients, municipalities, agencies and sub-consultants to facilitate/expedite design completion
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Certified Engineering Technologist or Technician
- Demonstrated road design experience with Civil 3D and AutoCAD as well as other business software (MS Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Well-developed knowledge of Ontario Building Code, Provincial and Municipal standards and their application to specific projects
- Mature, self-motivated individual possessing effective communication skills and ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to prioritize deadlines, track status and facilitate progress on multiple projects
Crozier is a company where our clients, community partners, employees and their families are truly part of our family. Our workplace celebrates the good life, while working hard to help design and engineer communities of the future.
We’re passionate about what we do, so it’s easy to be up for the challenge even when deadlines loom. We work hard, but always find time for fun and community involvement.
Competitive Salary and Benefits: We offer competitive salaries and health benefits, as well as RRSP contribution plans, fitness allowance, Crozier Days, and Parental Leave Top Up.
Conveniently Located: With offices in Collingwood, Milton, Bradford and downtown Toronto, we enjoy easy commutes and are always close to our favourite places.
Teams that play together, stay together: We frequently have after-hours get togethers, participate in community events, or play sports. We’re always up for a friendly competition amongst friends, family and co-workers.
Community involvement: We grow together, through shared experiences. We encourage involvement in the community and support our local communities with initiatives, events and sponsorships.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Crozier however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Crozier is committed to providing equal opportunity to candidates of all abilities. Should you need assistance at any point during the recruitment process please contact Human Resources.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org