Website Asurza Engineers Ltd.
(Regular Part-Time 24 hrs/week minimum with possibility to become full time)
Asurza Engineers Ltd. is a consulting engineering firm that has been working with provincial and local municipalities in Ontario. The company is highly oriented to project success and client satisfaction. Currently, Asurza Engineers is planning to grow and looking for the development of the Transportation Section. We are looking for an experienced Municipal Engineer/Project Manager to take this interesting challenge.
As an expert in the planning and design of municipal transportation infrastructure, you will be responsible for management of the transportation section and business development providing technical advice and support to deliver municipal projects. You must understand the Municipal Class Environmental Assessment (MCEA) process.
Your primary focus will be the project management of transportation infrastructure projects for local and regional municipalities. Responsible for the overall design of new and/or reconstruction projects as well as the preparation of servicing reports, cost estimates, work programs, project budgets, proposals and other administrative duties.
- 8+ years of progressive experience in municipal engineering with at least 2 years of project management experience.
- Civil Engineer with professional engineering designation in Ontario (P.Eng).
- Competent decision-maker and skilled in dealing with the public, agencies, consultants and contractors in facilitating all process of design and construction.
- Highly organized, team player possessing excellent judgment, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge and application of Municipal Class Environmental Assessment (MCEA) process is a must.
- Experience with conceptual design, preliminary and detail design process for roadway projects, including related infrastructures (sewers, watermains, culverts).
- Familiar with technical specifications, manuals and standards in roadway design.
- Familiar with related design software such as AutoCAD Civil 3D and/or Inroads.
- Experience with the Ministry of Transportation Ontario (MTO) in Highway Design would be an asset.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, MS Project)
- Excellent work ethic and desire for professional growth.
- The successful candidate must have access to a vehicle and possess a valid Ontario Class “G” Driver’s License.
- Develop and manage the municipal transportation planning and design section.
- Participate in business development.
- Manage transportation design projects from conception through completion and ensure project success.
- Be responsible for project budgets, project schedules, and client communications.
- Prepare proposals, feasibility studies, tender documents and specifications.
- Actively participate in the design and provide technical direction to the design team throughout the design process.
- Liaise with the various municipal/utility/approval agencies.
- Lead a multi-disciplinary project team to undertake major roadway design infrastructure projects.
- Coordinate and manage work of various sub-consultants as needed on project specific requirements.
- Apply proven design experience including conceptual, preliminary and detailed designs.
- Mentor and coach a team of engineers and technologists
Please, visit our website at www.asurza.ca for additional information. Apply by sending your resume and cover letter in a pdf file to email@example.com. Post is open until filled.
We thanks all candidates who apply for this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org